• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Vibes

WarHeel

15 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It will be a lot easier if you stop comparing him to Cam. Someone put a list of great QBs during their first start and Young was on par with them. Let Young be Young and Cam be Cam.

To be clear, I'm not bashing Bryce.  I'm squarely in the wait and see crowd, just want to see him improve week over week.

However, these comparisons to Manning, Burrow and other accomplished qbs that struggled are just ridiculous.  You could much more easily build a list of QBs that ended up being terrible with comparable 1st game stats.

Example: Jimmy Clausen 19/33 182y 1TD 1INT

Now, I'm not saying he's Jimmy Clausen any more than his first game stats say he's Peyton Manning or Joe Burrow.  I'm just saying these comparisons....at all...are a ridiculous way to support an argument.  Let the rook cook, we'll all know in time.

Edited by Newtcase

13 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

We never had back to back winning seasons I want better than that era 

Yeah I mean that's fair enough. We definitely had the talent for Back to Back winning seasons. We did win the division back to back. But that's setting the bar low. Either way, we were very competitive in most games during their era and in most every game. Alot of losses fell on coaching. 

5 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

So your telling me there were no doubts surrounding Cam? They all questioned whether or not he would be good in the pocket. No one questioned his ability to throw but more so the ability to scan and play from the pocket. What's not true about that?

Sorry that I didn't bold and italics the following...

"The Luke and Cam Era level of success may not ever be witnessed in Charlotte again."

12 hours ago, NAS said:

Those passing stats were an anomaly for Cam.   For all his faults, Chud's offensive scheme with the spread formation was good for Cam he would have broken all the passing records but probably wouldn't have won as many games. 

Yeah that's fair, always thought Chuds offense was one of the better that we had during those years. The defense was really the problem at that time. Cam didn't light the world on fire but he did manage 2 tds a game and at least 250 total yards per game. Which was solid, with the ability to go off in games. He was inconsistent at times. I'm speaking more on his competitive nature, the ending of his career wasn't what it shouldve been though.

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Sorry that I didn't bold and italics the following...

"The Luke and Cam Era level of success may not ever be witnessed in Charlotte again."

We have had 6 losing seasons straight under tepper and his guidance. Sorry but I don't necessarily feel optimistic that we are heading in the right direction. It almost feels like that era was our peak at times. But here's to hoping for more.

2 hours ago, Newtcase said:

To be clear, I'm not bashing Bryce.  I'm squarely in the wait and see crowd, just want to see him improve week over week.

However, these comparisons to Manning, Burrow and other accomplished qbs that struggled are just ridiculous.  You could much more easily build a list of QBs that ended up being terrible with comparable 1st game stats.

Example: Jimmy Clausen 19/33 182y 1TD 1INT

Now, I'm not saying he's Jimmy Clausen any more than his first game stats say he's Peyton Manning or Joe Burrow.  I'm just saying these comparisons....at all...are a ridiculous way to support an argument.  Let the rook cook, we'll all know in time.

people compare bryce to manning/burrow bc of his cerebral ability... There is nothing wrong with that either. Bryce's strength is his intellgence around the game.

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

he was referring that the Bates was playing out of position on the two interceptions. The falcons were running cover 1 and cover 3 when Bates had his picks. His job was to cover the middle deep thirds of the field but he instead cheated up.  

Got it but saying he broke the rules is a bit deceiving.  He made the play when he saw it.  Hopefully bryce learns from it instead of processing rules and what players can and cannot do or should or should not do.  Franks wording in that tweet just seems off to me