• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Panthers add Tarik Cohen

therealmjl

33 minutes ago, joemac said:

He just doesnt seem to offer anything more than a guy like Chuba or Blackshear, who make far less money.  IDK.  RB's these days are a dime a dozen.  Unless you have someone truly special like Chubb or CMC it doesnt compute to pay them a lot. 

i mean in the grand scheme of things Miles is getting paid dimes... its barely 6 million per year and he only got 13 million gauranteed.  It's really not a pressing issue for the franchise or team. The opportunity costs are minimal.

• Pie 3

55 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I thought he played alright. When reviewing the tape he only had one run that he hit the wrong hole. A couple short yardage runs were killed due to us using Laviska as a lead blocker…. Not something we should continue to do. Laviska legit avoided a linebacker on one play and went to the safety instead, hahah. Miles could have had a 10+ yard run if Laviska chose to hit the linebacker… I think I have the video randomly posted in my all-22 requests thread as a “test video”

That's the problem with not having enough talent.  You got Laviska out there and you have to ask him to do things he can't do.   Because every play can't be a schemed up play for him when he is on the field or then they don't work. 

Just now, CRA said:

That's the problem with not having enough talent.  You got Laviska out there and you have to ask him to do things he can't do.   Because every play can't be a schemed up play for him when he is on the field or then they don't work. 

we went away from it in the second half and played Ricci more. I believe the goal was to create mismatches out of the backfield, but when it was an actual run play.... we were asking Laviska to do more than he should. However, i dont know what happens in meetings, practice or even game planning... so i can only make a fan based assumption.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

we went away from it in the second half and played Ricci more. I believe the goal was to create mismatches out of the backfield, but when it was an actual run play.... we were asking Laviska to do more than he should. However, i dont know what happens in meetings, practice or even game planning... so i can only make a fan based assumption.

problem with Laviska in the backfield, is it surely has to limit your audible and protections that potentially could be available on a given play.   

I felt strongly Bryce needed a really good 3rd down type RB going into this season.   Not a super stud.  Just someone that can do it all at a reliable level in those pass looks.  And that's just not about catching the ball.   Sanders and Hubbard are fine rushers.  Laviska is a fine gadget guy.  If you are living in the shotgun in pass scenarios w/ a rookie QB.....you need one more RB IMO that isn't on the roster presently.   And that is Cohen.   If he can still play.  Which is a question.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1