• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next year WR options

jb2288

4 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Without a 1st round pick it's going to be tough to get a true #1 WR in the draft.

That leaves free agency (Tee Higgins is likely to be the best available) or trading for a veteran.

Personally, I'd call up the Seahawks and see what it'd take to get D.K. Metcalf.

DK Metcalf would be best case scenario. They have flirted with trading him.

Are you comfortable trading our 2025 1st?

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We drafted a QB who is supposed to be a "super processor" and be able to spread the ball around. We don't need this mythical beast of a Huddle approved "#1 WR". We just need competent, legit NFL WRs.

That's the point, define "competent, legit NFL WRs." Is that our current WR room? Is the answer already on the roster? 

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

DK Metcalf would be best case scenario. They have flirted with trading him.

Are you comfortable trading our 2025 1st?

I agree that to get a legitimate weapon is to trade future assets. Look what Buffalo did with Diggs for Allen, Dolphins for Tua with Hill. It's so hard to hit on a Justin Jefferson or Chase and that draft was the exception. Did ATL regret trading the house for Julio Jones, that's debatable. Our window of opportunity to pair Bryce with a rookie WR is small because it takes time for them to develop. This is hoping that Mingo will ball out and reach his max potential. TMJ is our Mingo 2 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

That's the point, define "competent, legit NFL WRs." Is that our current WR room? Is the answer already on the roster? 

We have one proven healthy one in Thielen. We have another injured one that we're hoping can suit up for a few games. We have two others were hoping will develop in TMJ and Mingo. Then we have a gadget guy in Shenault. No, the receiver room isn't good and that's exactly why I was so baffled that we traded our best WR. I would've seen if I could've gotten the Bears to bite on Burns, #9, and maybe a 2nd instead of an additional 1st.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have one proven healthy one in Thielen. We have another injured one that we're hoping can suit up for a few games. We have two others were hoping will develop in TMJ and Mingo. Then we have a gadget guy in Shenault. No, the receiver room isn't good and that's exactly why I was so baffled that we traded our best WR. I would've seen if I could've gotten the Bears to bite on Burns, #9, and maybe a 2nd instead of an additional 1st.

I agree with everything written here. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would've seen if I could've gotten the Bears to bite on Burns, #9, and maybe a 2nd instead of an additional 1st.

In this league, everyone knows you need a franchise QB and you need to stop the opponents franchise QB for any chance at winning. I believe replacing Burns would be significantly harder than replacing DJ Moore and that's why we traded DJ and not Burns or Brown. We believe we have our franchise QB now and we got a QB stopper in Burns. We're just struggling with the rest. 

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

In this league, everyone knows you need a franchise QB and you need to stop the opponents franchise QB for any chance at winning. I believe replacing Burns would be significantly harder than replacing DJ Moore and that's why we traded DJ and not Burns or Brown. We believe we have our franchise QB now and we got a QB stopper in Burns. We're just struggling with the rest. 

Awfully confident in that while being a fan of a team with a terrible history st WR. Through our history, what has been harder to find for us pass rushers it WRs?

But look, in a vacuum I agree. It's easier to find DJ Moore caliber WRs than it is to find Brian Burns caliber pass rushers. But you're mortgaging the future of your franchise on a huge trade up to get a QB. What's going to help ease that QB into the game and help his development, your only proven legit WR or a pass rusher?

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Awfully confident in that while being a fan of a team with a terrible history st WR. Through our history, what has been harder to find for us pass rushers it WRs?

But look, in a vacuum I agree. It's easier to find DJ Moore caliber WRs than it is to find Brian Burns caliber pass rushers. But you're mortgaging the future of your franchise on a huge trade up to get a QB. What's going to help ease that QB into the game and help his development, your only proven legit WR or a pass rusher?

Theoretically it should be easier to replace the WR. But I don't have much confidence in our GM in replacing either. Both players we're talking about were Hurney picks and all of us agree he was poo. But if that's the bar what are we doing with Scott and where's his cornerstone pick that stands out? Jaycee Horn? Even Derrick Brown was here before Scott stepped into those shoes. Honestly I'll probably feel better if we promote Morgan or just look elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said this even when the trade was made.

Never made sense to trade your #1 WR when you trading for a rookie QB.

Im pretty sure we could have got a deal done with Burns if they pushed for it. I probably would have kept Moore and try to get the #3 pick we still would have ended up with AR or Stroud.