• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young sucks

therealmjl

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

My biggest concern is that Bryce's arm looks ridiculously weak, far more so than I expected.  He was supposed to have average NFL arm strength and he just looks... not that. Maybe he's trying to put too much touch on balls?  I don't know, but in the first half a couple of incompletions would have been complete with a stronger arm to fit into the brief openings he did find...

This. I'd feel differently if I saw the physical tools to make the adjustments that are needed. He just doesn't seem to have the arm required to make the throws.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, chbright said:

manning went for 300+ yards game 1. bryce hasnt got to that over 2 games. hell 490 for manning in 1st 2 games.  that was in a much more run friendly league and with a lot more advantage to the DB vs WR. so no this stupid saying of "given up on manning" needs to die. cause manning gave you hope. he had multiple long drives both halves. yes  manning threw picks year 1 and they couldnt run the ball against mia in short yardage that game, but these 2 games from bryce are nothing like that one. Manning showed hope and promise throughout games, not a 1 drive game or a garbage time drive.

Bro... Manning had Marshall Faulk and Marvin freakin Harrison his rookie year. We ain't got that. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I have a very simple question: who on this team would be a number 1 or even number 2 wide receiver or running back anywhere else? Hell, I don't even know who WE consider as the number 1 receiver. 

I don't think we have anyone that would get as open as Bryce was used to in college to throw the ball accurately. Nobody has that but the Dolphins. Hell I'm not sure if he could even throw the long ball to Hill.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This. I'd feel differently if I saw the physical tools to make the adjustments that are needed. He just doesn't seem to have the arm required to make the throws.

For me it's mostly the arm strength given the way he likes to play / played in college... There's glimpses of the mental game and scramble / play making, I think, but if he can't use that supposed "arm elasticity" to deliver the ball in those situations, it hardly matters... 

• Pie 1