• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ONE true glimmer of hope

lightsout

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

Clausen had a few drives too. These guys are all professionals. 95% poo and 5% good. AR and Stroud have so far shown way more ability to move the ball and actually throw downfield. Bryce looks like captain checkdown when he actually gets rid of the ball at all.

Absolutely. I'm not talking the drive though. I'm talking the shoulder fake to draw the corner down on the flat and open up the out to Mingo followed by the hits to Thielen to cap it off. It showed that he's competent and capable, just has to do THAT type of poo for a full game

• Pie 4

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

Clausen had a few drives too. These guys are all professionals. 95% poo and 5% good. AR and Stroud have so far shown way more ability to move the ball and actually throw downfield. Bryce looks like captain checkdown when he actually gets rid of the ball at all.

It’s early, but yes, that’s what it’s looking like. Heck, in two drives, AR did more than Bryce did this whole game. We can’t change anything now, we just gotta hope he gets better. But giving up that much capital for him, I expected better. My fault for that lol. 

• Pie 1

Thanks for your optimism - but Bryce isn’t even close to an nfl level QB right now.  Rookies who have it show it in their first couple games . They make mistakes and have awful moments, but they also look the part at times.  A shoulder shrug ain’t doing it for me.  He doesn’t see the field and goes down when a gust of wind blows nearby.  There were tons of plays to be made.  He just didn’t see them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Thanks for your optimism - but Bryce isn’t even close to an nfl level QB right now.  Rookies who have it show it in their first couple games . They make mistakes and have awful moments, but they also look the part at times.  A shoulder shrug ain’t doing it for me.  He doesn’t see the field and goes down when a gust of wind blows nearby.  There were tons of plays to be made.  He just didn’t see them. 

I mean i wasn't there but based purely on camera angle during live play and replays, I didn't see much in the way of him just not seeing guys running open. There were two that you could have called that but the pocket was already breaking down, no chance for him to plant and make those throws when they would have been there.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Am I the only one who expected us to be 0-2 at this point? Am I taking crazy pills? Like yeah there’s things that I hoped would be better but jfc, this was a tough draw to open the season. All our easy games come after week 7. We’ll pick up some wins on the back half.

We haven’t really faced a good offense so far. These might be two of the better defenses we face this season but I think our schedule is about to get pretty brutal starting on the road at Seattle. They just lit up Detroit yesterday. These games could get very ugly when we can’t keep them close against bad offenses.

• Beer 1