• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young hot take

Zod

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

As you said, the games are recorded. Pull up the all 22 when it’s available and show me nobody open every play. 

We know from the all 22 of week one there were plenty of open guys. Which means he’s making bad reads.

More so I was watching it real close last night, when he’s under pressure his mechanics go out the window. Yes he’s calm, and pocket awareness is sharp but if you watch him he completely forgets how to throw the football. That’s why there are so many turf balls and floaters. He’s trying to gunsling it like it’s college, but he’s not a gunslinger type QB. 

He needs to get back to the basics in practice and work on his mechanics. Because if he doesn’t all that cerebral stuff won’t translate. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Varking said:

Bryce is supposed to be the type of QB who throws people open. That’s what they said about him in camp I believe. 

This is what I'm not understanding from the cope brigade. You don't trade everything we did to draft a QB that needs to be surrounded by an All-Pro supporting cast. Lots of QBs could be successful in a perfectly ideal situation. Those just don't really exist in the NFL. Every roster has holes.

• Pie 7

Just now, Harbingers said:

We know from the all 22 of week one there were plenty of open guys. Which means he’s making bad reads.

More so I was watching it real close last night, when he’s under pressure his mechanics go out the window. Yes he’s calm, and pocket awareness but if you watch him he completely forgets how to throw the football. That’s why there are so many turf balls and floaters. He’s trying to gunsling it like it’s college, but he’s not a gunslinger type QB. 

He needs to get back to the basics in practice and work on his mechanics. Because if he doesn’t all that cerebral stuff won’t translate. 

Every QB’s mechanics break down under pressure. You spent years complaining about Cam’s. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I'm not understanding from the cope brigade. You don't trade everything we did to draft a QB that needs to be surrounded by an All-Pro supporting cast. Lots of QBs could be successful in a perfectly ideal situation. Those just don't really exist in the NFL. Every roster has holes.

I seriously don’t know of one with more holes than this one. Honest to God, one of the Saints players ran Thielen’s route better than he did last night and he’s the only one who ran run routes — he just gets negative separation.