• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Offense: Some Core Concerns Surfacing Early

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

if you don't seee it some of those off balance throws he made last night and last week, then you are choosing not to like the pick. 

If that was Maye or Howell making those throws last night, you would be kicking and screaming about how amazing they are. I get your bias, but your impatience doesn't match the amount of time and effort you put into watching football.

Timestamp me a throw you like

• Flames 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

if you don't seee it some of those off balance throws he made last night and last week, then you are choosing not to like the pick. 

If that was Maye or Howell making those throws last night, you would be kicking and screaming about how amazing they are. I get your bias, but your impatience doesn't match the amount of time and effort you put into watching football.

Go watch Sam Howell's games and then try to make an honest comparison of the arm talent. 

Keep on coping I guess. Just a reminder, you're the same guy who just last week had to admit that Bryce's week one play was "Sam Darnold bad" when you watched the all 22. Brace yourself for this week's. 😂

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Timestamp me a throw you like

.58 seconds is a great one. I want you to count how long it takes for Bryce to recognize the pressure coming from the end who sheds his block, the read of Chark, the read of the safey underneath, and then Bryce stopping on a dime to throw a dime while his body momentum is going the opposite direction of the angle of the throw. All of that poo happens in less than 1 sec, watch the timer on the video if you need proof.

That is the exact type of poo that Hurst was talking about to the Jet's dlineman in Hard Knocks and Camp Confidential. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go watch Sam Howell's games and then try to make an honest comparison of the arm talent. 

Keep on coping I guess. Just a reminder, you're the same guy who just last week had to admit that Bryce's week one play was "Sam Darnold bad" when you watched the all 22. Brace yourself for this week's. 😂

I am not coping at all.. i am pretty sure i have been very balanced on my perspective of Bryce. You are choosing to make me into something I am not. This is when I hate debating with you on the huddle because you get personal and emotional so fast. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I am not coping at all.. i am pretty sure i have been very balanced on my perspective of Bryce. You are choosing to make me into something I am not. This is when I hate debating with you on the huddle because you get personal and emotional so fast. 

😂

Just a reminder, mere minutes ago of who actually ran out of argument and had to resort to mischaracterizations and strawmen.

But please, don't let me interrupt your victimization turn because it's hilarious 

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

Just a reminder, mere minutes ago of who actually ran out of argument and had to resort to mischaracterizations.

dude i seriously don't know what you are insuniating here...? So try again or just stop now, it is annoying and unproductive. 

Edited by TheCasillas

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

So in a month the narrative has shifted from "it's only preseason it doesn't matter they don't want to give anything away" to "it's only week 2 they haven't opened up the playbook yet"?

There's something very familiar about all this..

Week 8/9 dawg.

If we still look this bad at that point with zero improvement over that timespan then it's time to consider panicking.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

.58 seconds is a great one. I want you to count how long it takes for Bryce to recognize the pressure coming from the end who sheds his block, the read of Chark, the read of the safey underneath, and then Bryce stopping on a dime to throw a dime while his body momentum is going the opposite direction of the angle of the throw. All of that poo happens in less than 1 sec, watch the timer on the video if you need proof.

That is the exact type of poo that Hurst was talking about to the Jet's dlineman in Hard Knocks and Camp Confidential. 

:58 is good

but

:03

1:10

Are all wtf throws

then at 46 you see he has no zip

210 his size comes into play

he throws a few hospital balls but mostly it simply to guys in the flat

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

1:23 why didn't he throw that screen to Laviska?

that's not a screen, it is a smoke route. The goal of that route is typically one of two things. 

1. option for the QB if the box is stacked and leaving you man against a CB on an isladn
2. Bringing a Cover2 corner down to open a mid out route while another reciever takes the safety deep

You typically see these route in flood concepts to break down a zone defense. Until we can see the zoomed out view of that play we have no idea if the defense is sitting on that route, running man, or Bryce just missed it.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

dude i seriously don't know what you are insuniating here...? So try again or just stop now, it is annoying and unproductive. 

I'm just saying, if you're going to make accusations don't accuse someone of doing what you literally did just moments before. Just make your arguments. But don't call Bryce Young "Sam Darnold bad" a week ago then juno on your pedestal and start trying to lecture other posters about having critiques.

You're just giving some real "fine for me but not for thee" vibes.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

:58 is good

but

:03

1:10

Are all wtf throws

then at 46 you see he has no zip

210 his size comes into play

he throws a few hospital balls but mostly it simply to guys in the flat

you asked me for an example and I gave you one. The rest I will review the All-22

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is either not the case or we've been fed a line of horseshit this off-season and preseason about how Bryce has been taking over offensive meetings, breaking down the protection schemed for the team on the whiteboard, etc.

I'm tired of hearing about this stuff. I want to SEE it.

I don't get the sense that Bryce is struggling with learning the offense. My concern is that the problem might be the offense Reich is trying to run.

• Pie 2