• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please don't ruin the Rookie

Jmac

10 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Frank Reich seemed super depressed in the presser today. Not sure if from the Bryce injury or that his expectations have been lowered. Seems like a guy who was lied to or set up to fail and just trying to make the best of a situation. 

Not a Reich fan, just what I observed by his body language. Reminded me of new sales guy at work trying to explain how a product works for the first time.

Frank knew in that presser he is going to start Andy Dalton this week IMO.  

and Frank knows he has a mess on his hands in terms of dealing w/ those outside BOA coming.    That folks are going to be coming at the fired Indy coach soon.....with the same complaints.    and really early.  Which is a bad start for the Frank era. 

• Beer 2

51 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Game is in Seattle this week. 

I wasn't talking about in the stands of BOA.  I mean, outside BOA.  So the media gets ramped on him.  The talk shows.  The online world. 

It's already frankly started.  And it's super early for Frank to be dealing with all the stuff that got him ran out of Indy.  Honeymoon window already over.  Which was SUPER quick. I think Frank feels that. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Score Board said:

I hate to say it. It’s looking like we should’ve drafted CJ Stroud. F u c k you David Tepper!!!!!!

CJ and Bryce were always 1a and 1b. Just depended on what type of offense you wanted to run. I never bought into that clear cut #1 label. Reich wants quick decisions and getting the ball out within 2-3 seconds. Bryce is the better pick there. Unfortunately, these WRs aren't getting open on a consistent basis and Reich isn't calling plays that'll help them. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

CJ and Bryce were always 1a and 1b. Just depended on what type of offense you wanted to run. I never bought into that clear cut #1 label. Reich wants quick decisions and getting the ball out within 2-3 seconds. Bryce is the better pick there. Unfortunately, these WRs aren't getting open on a consistent basis and Reich isn't calling plays that'll help them. 

CJ is on pace to throw for over 5,000 yds. Bryce is on pace to throw for alittle over 2,000yds. That is pathetic for the 1st overall draft pick. Bryce better get it together or his well go down as a historic bust 

• Beer 1

Reich's teams historically start slow.  Although, the offenses have never looked like what we've sent out, not even remotely.   

My gut tells me they oversold how much of the playbook they've truly deployed with Bryce combined with the fact our receivers aren't doing diddly minus some nice moments from Mingo and Thielen.  Reich's playbooks have been far more nuanced and flavorful than what we've seen utilizing mesh and hi-lo concepts.  Rivers knew and worked his system better than anyone in SD and IND.  So that's just my gut instinct about Bryce.

Combine that with the running game having no explosion, you get a rudderless offense.  However, I don't think the OL is necessarily in shambles--we're not going to "ruin" Bryce.  He needs the reps.  

So first things first--I just want to open things up more and see some sort of pulse on offense.  We need a reliable speedy receiver.  Even if it's Dalton out there at QB.

We just don't have that.  TMJ is a 4.3 guy who jogs, then Mingo & Thielen aren't providing that and we cannot rely on Chark, Shenault is not a route runner.  It's such an obvious need.  All of Reich's offenses have that speedster.   

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Reich's teams historically start slow.  Although, the offenses have never looked like what we've sent out, not even remotely.   

My gut tells me they oversold how much of the playbook they've truly deployed with Bryce combined with the fact our receivers aren't doing diddly minus some nice moments from Mingo and Thielen.  Reich's playbooks have been far more nuanced and flavorful than what we've seen utilizing mesh and hi-lo concepts.  Rivers knew and worked his system better than anyone in SD and IND.  So that's just my gut instinct about Bryce.

Combine that with the running game having no explosion, you get a rudderless offense.  However, I don't think the OL is necessarily in shambles--we're not going to "ruin" Bryce.  He needs the reps.  

So first things first--I just want to open things up more and see some sort of pulse on offense.  We need a reliable speedy receiver.  Even if it's Dalton out there at QB.

We just don't have that.  TMJ is a 4.3 guy who jogs, then Mingo & Thielen aren't providing that and we cannot rely on Chark, Shenault is not a route runner.  It's such an obvious need.  All of Reich's offenses have that speedster.   

Agree on the speedy WR element. It keeps defenses honest. Bates doesn't cheat down in the Falcons game if you have that guy. 

With all the big/tall first round receivers Hurney kept drafting for Cam's inaccuracy, things really turned around when Ginn entered the picture - well Ginn and a semi-competent offensive line.

1 hour ago, Score Board said:

CJ is on pace to throw for over 5,000 yds. Bryce is on pace to throw for alittle over 2,000yds. That is pathetic for the 1st overall draft pick. Bryce better get it together or his well go down as a historic bust 

Gotta laugh whenever people bring up “pace” stats when we’re not even 1/8th through the season. 

On 9/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, Eazy-E said:

Sitting Bryce isn’t all of a sudden going to make him accurate throwing the ball down the field. He has yet to complete a deep pass. The Falcons realized that which is what allowed Bates to sit on the second interception and why the Saints stacked the box and tried to take away everything underneath.

It’s not like both games were blow outs allowing our opponents to pin their ears back and come after the QB. Bryce just didn’t threaten the opposing defenses what so ever.

And don’t give me the no weapons BS. There are teams with less to work with on offense and none have looked this inept passsing the football.

Who