• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some numbers for perspective

LinvilleGorge

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

The defense is a fuging wet dream.  I love it.

But man, I was vocal about what a limp dick hire I thought Reich was when it happened...  but then, I bought into the PR hype - the original team connections,first QB in team history, Capers, superstar coaching staff, etc. And I drank the kool-aid and just wanted to believe it was divine intervention - we were finally due for a shift in the destiny of our franchise.  I wanted to be optimistic and believe that finally having a offensive-minded HC and progressive staff would give us the high-powered, aggressive offense we had always dreamt of...  and then the preseason happened.  Then the season started...  and this poo is worse than Rhule's offenses.  My initial feelings on Reich were critical, and I just felt he was underwhelming as a HC, but even in that initial take, I never ever would've imagined the poo would look this bad even if they started the 32 best QB in the league.  This poo is incredibly bad.

wait till we play someone credible...these D stats will go to sht...fast.

1 minute ago, Stingray3030 said:

There are MASSIVE factors that have hurts our offense - you are downplaying that man - we have a gaping hole on the blind side - we have at best a 3rd WR and no 1st or 2nd - AND we don't even try to throw downfield so the defense sits in 1 safety and blitzes.  You could put Brady in our situation and I guarantee his numbers would be poor.

Again Bryce is in the 2nd game of his career with one of the worst offensive situations possible yet his numbers look similar to Fields or Watson....he has been decent is all I am saying.  I gave specific details how.  Your prerogative if you can't see it  

Where did I mention Bryce? I simply said we can't effectively pass the football. That can encompass all factors be it QB, OL protection, receivers, play design and situational play calling, etc 

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

How are we not in last in total yardage?  What poor 4 franchises have less than us??

We actually materially outgained Atlanta week 1 (20 1st downs to 13, 281 total yards to 221, 9.5 min TOP advantage), we just coughed the ball up 3 times to 0 and committed 9 penalties for 66 yards.  

• Beer 1

Losing DJ Moore didn’t completely destroy our passing offense. Our WR group outside of Moore is better than last season and yet the likes of PJ Walker and Sam Darnold were able to produce.

So far Bryce has not be able to complete passes more than 15 yards down field. He’s had guys open and either missed the throws or didn’t even attempt the pass. That part of his game has been terrible so far and our passing offense is going to suffer until he shows he can make those throws at the NFL level.

• Pie 1

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Carolina Panthers' current rankings in the NFL through week 2...

Total Offense

Total yardage: 28th

Total points scored: 30th

Yards per play: 31st

1st downs: 28th

Passing

Passing yardage: Dead last

Completion percentage: 28th

Yards per passing attempt: dead last

Yards per reception: dead last

Rushing

Rushing yardage: 9th

Yards per attempt: 4th

Defense

Total yards allowed: 8th

Points allowed: 13th

Yards per play: 8th

1st downs allowed: 10th

Y'all, the numbers scream it. There's a very glaring massive problem with the Carolina Panthers' right now and it's our inability to effectively pass the football.

Left one out...

Turnover differential -3 tied for 27th

1 minute ago, Newtcase said:

Left one out...

Turnover differential -3 tied for 27th

I just left it out because there's so much chance involved in turnovers that two games seems too small of a sample size to discuss it unless you're just turning it over in droves - which to be fair we could be if it wasn't for dropped INTs.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just left it out because there's so much chance involved in turnovers that two games seems too small of a sample size to discuss it unless you're just turning it over in droves - which to be fair we could be if it wasn't for dropped INTs.

We have four and you're correct it could easily be seven in two games.  One fumble was saved by a defensive penalty and two other balls were thrown into direct jeopardy last night.  We have to protect the ball better.  In reality, I'd wager we're performing worse than our 27th ranking in turnover margin, we've just gotten a little luckier.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 1