• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce has the fewest open windows in the league, is the most accurate throwing with an open window

Cary Kollins

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It also doesn't include YPA, which Bryce is averaging 4.2 yards so without more data you could argue he's been accurate on throwing to wide open check downs. If they made a similar chart of pass attempts 10+ yards this would look completely different

Who's getting open, where on the field they're getting open, how far downfield they are, whether the passers were caught and how many yards were gained after the catch and any number of other things you could throw in would pretty much all be receiver metrics.

As a quarterback measure though, what it tells us is that when they're open, he's getting then the ball in a spot where they can catch it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

They didn't include the raw numbers (would have been nice if they had) but based on the percentage calculation, there would have to have been at least five since a score of 80% would mean a factor of four out of five at the very least.

NFL.com has Young on record as having thrown a total of 71 passes in the first two games. And while I know our receivers don't seem to be doing great job of getting open, I'm going to guess there have been more than five open windows out of that total.

I appreciate how you take a loose logical conclusion to a more specific conclusion, truly I do.  I could have a beer with you.

I also think the spirit of my comment holds up, no matter how small it actually is, 2, 5, 10, hell even 20…./it’s a small sample size.  You can’t use it defend BY anymore than a two game sample can indict him.  

14 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

I appreciate how you take a loose logical conclusion to a more specific conclusion, truly I do.  I could have a beer with you.

I also think the spirit of my comment holds up, no matter how small it actually is, 2, 5, 10, hell even 20…./it’s a small sample size.  You can’t use it defend BY anymore than a two game sample can indict him.  

Well mathematically, it could be anywhere from 4 out of 5 to 56 out of 70.

Having watched the games though, I'm also inclined to think the total number of open windows is a relatively low figure.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's pretty obvious there are scheme issues(and execution issues, to be fair).

We are two weeks into some obvious announcer comments about it. 

Yeah I have a feeling the next all 22 breakdowns probably released tmrw will not be pretty. Maybe the Saints D was really that good but the tv playback with the ability to pause and rewind already isn't good

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who's getting open, where on the field they're getting open, how far downfield they are, whether the passers were caught and how many yards were gained after the catch and any number of other things you could throw in would pretty much all be receiver metrics.

As a quarterback measure though, what it tells us is that when they're open, he's getting then the ball in a spot where they can catch it.

And that’s all you can ask of your QB. Can’t believe how many people here are rooting for him to fail. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Please explain to me what was going on with these throws?

:03

1:10

Are all wtf throws

Do yourself a favor and go cheer for another team. Bryce isn’t going anywhere so you’re going to have to suck your bias up or move on. 

Please please don’t let me catch your ass celebrating when Bryce wins here. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Do yourself a favor and go cheer for another team. Bryce isn’t going anywhere so you’re going to have to suck your bias up or move on. 

Please please don’t let me catch your ass celebrating when Bryce wins here. 

cool

when the panthers eventually win I will be happy, not sure what you are going to do about it

and for the record nobody is wanting him to fail, we are just discussing his play after 2 weeks but keep ranting about us its funny to read

12 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And that’s all you can ask of your QB. Can’t believe how many people here are rooting for him to fail. 

I’ll never root for our guys to fail. But not being sold on him and rooting to fail aren’t the same thing. I mean I guess I could just not be critical and only post when I’m impressed?

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’ll never root for our guys to fail. But not being sold on him and rooting to fail aren’t the same thing. I mean I guess I could just not be critical and only post when I’m impressed?

Even the biggest Bryce stan (possibly me?) is fighting off the thoughts of “did we make a mistake?”

The early returns don’t look great, but the sample size is way too small right now. I do also think the Saints defense just outright beat us schematically.

I am hopeful we start to see a different version of this offense either right at the bye week or shortly after, because if not - oh wee mayne

• Pie 3