• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

Just now, joemac said:

BECAUSE NO ONE IS GETTING OPEN!!!!

I didn't say they were.  I said he had the 3rd longest pocket time....for whatever reason.  The point of my reply is that if you're going to paint the picture that BY is being pressured heavily then part of that picture is how damn long he's standing in the pocket with the ball, WHICH ISN'T ON THE GRAPH.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Yeah what's lost in this is pocket time.  Bryce has the 3rd longest pocket time among all QBs at 2.6 seconds.  Of course they're going to get pressure eventually if you keep holding the ball.

That's what I was wondering about. Stroud was missing 4 starters on the line but look where he is on the chart. If you watch the game, he was getting the ball out quick. Look, you gotta release the ball quick, or run with it. Either way, be decisive. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

But he does have the physical ability to make the plays?  Are we watching the same games here?  His WRs are not getting open,  plain and simple.  Has he been setting the world on fire these 2 games?  Absolutely not, but its a far cry from some of the retarded takes Ive read around here these past couple days.  Bryce completed 67% of his passes on Monday.  No INTs.  And we lost to one of the top defenses in the NFL by 3 points.  I get being down because we're 0-2, but this hyper negative attitude towards BY and everything hes done so far is borderline weird. 

When like 80% of his passes are within 5 yards of the LOS, you could make the argument that his 67% completion percentage is actually too low.  I'm not saying it is, just pointing out that using his completion % as a talking point to back him up isn't really fair when most of them are dink and dunk passes.

His throws just don't have the necessary zip on them in today's NFL, I'd be pretty confident in saying he has the weakest arm strength of any starting QB in the entire league, that's not something you want to see in the #1 overall pick that we traded away the farm to get.

And if part of his game is his escape ability, getting sacked by someone's finger tips grazing his shoulder pads isn't a ringing endorsement of that ability either.

I don't blame people for trying to find some positives in his game, which even I'll admit, there are some.  But his physical traits are NOT one of them, they're his biggest limitation, no question about it.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, joemac said:

But he does have the physical ability to make the plays?  Are we watching the same games here?  His WRs are not getting open,  plain and simple.  Has he been setting the world on fire these 2 games?  Absolutely not, but its a far cry from some of the retarded takes Ive read around here these past couple days.  Bryce completed 67% of his passes on Monday.  No INTs.  And we lost to one of the top defenses in the NFL by 3 points.  I get being down because we're 0-2, but this hyper negative attitude towards BY and everything hes done so far is borderline weird. 

Agreed. I was at the game in the lower level sections. He has no issues with arm strength or throwing into tight windows. 

• Pie 4

Honestly, I'm shocked at how terrible Bryce has looked through two games. It feels like we're approaching the moment where a sideline camera picks up him admitting to seeing ghosts out there.

I really thought that if he could stay healthy at his size he would be at worst a decent starter. So far he's looked closer to Jimmy Clausen than he has to a decent starter.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 5

11 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

Yeah what's lost in this is pocket time.  Bryce has the 3rd longest pocket time among all QBs at 2.6 seconds.  Of course they're going to get pressure eventually if you keep holding the ball.

Wow, 2.6 seconds is the third longest right now?  That is usually a little below the norm (typically around 2.7-2.75), with some QBs having over 3 seconds every year. 

Either defenses are getting after them or OLs have not hit their stride yet.

• Beer 1