• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young performance graph #2

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Gotta wonder if part of holding to ball too long is waiting on throwing lanes to open so he can see. A lot was made about his size, but realistically, how fast can you identify receivers when you're looking into the shoulders of 5-6 tall guys. 

His height has nothing to do with it, him and tons of other QB's his height have been just fine throughout the history of college football, and the linemen in the NFL aren't any taller than those in college, they're just better football players.

When you're just talking about the ability to see his WRs due to his height vs the linemen height, the quality of the players in front of you makes no difference, so it's no different for him.

I was never concerned about his height and I'm still not, it was always about his frame and overall strength

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

That’s a little much.  Bryce has avoided the bone headed, head scratching decisions that Jimmy would make such as throwing into double coverage, throwing up prayers that have zero chance of being completed, taking huge sacks instead of throwing the ball away.  He’s played smart for the most part and remained calm.  If anything he needs to learn to push the envelope a little more, rather than waiting for someone to be wide open like college.  

This is what the fan base wants him to do though. "He's holding the ball too long", which means - just throw it at somebody no matter how many defenders are in the area! This fan base isn't going to bitch if he throws a few ints per game he would just get the ball out quicker and be decisive.

Do I need to /s?

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, Bryce is struggling just as almost any rookie qb would and has.  

Fwiw, he looks significantly better than Trevor Lawrence did in his first two games.  In his first two games, Lawrence threw five picks, and completed less than half his passes.  

That can't be true. I had been assured that Young was the worst looking rookie quarterback in history 🤔

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

This is what the fan base wants him to do though. "He's holding the ball too long", which means - just throw it at somebody no matter how many defenders are in the area! This fan base isn't going to bitch if he throws a few ints per game he would just get the ball out quicker and be decisive.

Do I need to /s?

I think it means, be decisive. Throw it out of bounds or scramble if noone's open.

4 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Do I need to /s?

I think he is holding it to long, but I would rather him throw it away, or on occassion, run with it.  But I don't hold it against him, those decisions will hopefully, come with time.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

I think the Saints and Falcons are a bit better than they got credit for going into the season. 

Anyone who thought we would actually compete this season was delusional. At best, we'd limp into the playoffs and be promptly obliterated. I'm reserving an absolute meltdown for after the next few games if we still can't get it moving.

That being said, a Nicolas Sparks book would have been more entertaining than our offense the last 2 games.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

When like 80% of his passes are within 5 yards of the LOS, you could make the argument that his 67% completion percentage is actually too low.  I'm not saying it is, just pointing out that using his completion % as a talking point to back him up isn't really fair when most of them are dink and dunk passes.

His throws just don't have the necessary zip on them in today's NFL, I'd be pretty confident in saying he has the weakest arm strength of any starting QB in the entire league, that's not something you want to see in the #1 overall pick that we traded away the farm to get.

And if part of his game is his escape ability, getting sacked by someone's finger tips grazing his shoulder pads isn't a ringing endorsement of that ability either.

I don't blame people for trying to find some positives in his game, which even I'll admit, there are some.  But his physical traits are NOT one of them, they're his biggest limitation, no question about it.

He's probably always going to have issues escaping sacks if someone gets a hand on him. His build is very slight, doesn't mean he can't be a good qb. 

• Beer 1

Just now, 96Bravo said:

I understand where you're coming from.

few seem to, lol. Can't believe I haven't yet been called a weirdo Bryce stan by the guy who got mad we didn't pick reigning NFL MVP Justin Fields. 

I wanted Stroud over anyone, I said the trade in March was one of the worst in NFL history and I've hated Alabama for longer than I can remember, but the vitriol in here after a 1 TD no INT, 3-point loss is straight-up retarded. 

• Beer 1

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

He's probably always going to have issues escaping sacks if someone gets a hand on him. His build is very slight, doesn't mean he can't be a good qb. 

Definitely possible, but if the bar is Cam-level avoidance, lol. 

I do find it ironic he has the longest run of the season by anyone on this team, but the whining about his athleticism continues.