• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Passing Chart against NO

Cdparr7

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Dude, Im not saying purdy is the next coming of brady, and I agree that Shanahans offense makes ALL QBs look better, but if you legit think all hes a jag just dumping off to CMC or Deebo you're literally huffing glue.  Hes miles better than anything Trey Lance showed and definitely better than Garoppolo.  

First of all didn't say jag. He is a "good" starting QB.

Miles better than Trey Lance isn't saying much. Better than Jimmy? In the sense he takes what the defense is giving him sure.

I just finished reading a fluff article about him on one of the 49ers fan blogs. The big thing they kept repeating was how "elite" he is on intermediate throws (20 yards). He is a more decisive and accurate Teddy Bridgewater in a Shanahan offense. He is winning because of the way it is constructed around him and the weapons he has to work with. One of the most loaded defenses in the league helps. But is his talent what you would consider special (elite) that can get them over the jump to win a Super Bowl? I don't see it. But they will undoubtedly be in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

First of all didn't say jag. He is a "good" starting QB.

Miles better than Trey Lance isn't saying much. Better than Jimmy? In the sense he takes what the defense is giving him sure.

I just finished reading a fluff article about him on one of the 49ers fan blogs. The big thing they kept repeating was how "elite" he is on intermediate throws (20 yards). He is a more decisive and accurate Teddy Bridgewater in a Shanahan offense. He is winning because of the way it is constructed around him and the weapons he has to work with. One of the most loaded defenses in the league helps. But is his talent what you would consider special (elite) that can get them over the jump to win a Super Bowl? I don't see it. But they will undoubtedly be in the playoffs.

100%. Probably the most QB friendly offense ever constructed. And those weapons? The TD to Samuel last night was impressive but overall Purdy looks like a byproduct of Shanahan and perhaps one of the most prolific group of offensive skill positions ever assembled in the modern era. Plus an elite defense. His job isn’t hard. We will see in a few years what Purdy really is. Right now, he’s a game manager with elite coaching and skill position talent. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Richardson is basically performing just as poorly. Only Stroud has been a standout through 2 games.

But Richardson has actually shown the ability to do some stuff that most other QBs can’t do, albeit running.  A few plays here and there where you might say he is different than most.  Bryce hasn’t really shown anything yet, I’m not saying he won’t in the future, but so far the only thing that has stood out is his ability to throw it out of bounds. 

7 hours ago, 96Bravo said:

To be fair, I think that Rhule and his rookie OC killed Teddy's last chance to be a great QB in this league. He became a backup somewhere else. And, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if these experiences killed his confidence. 

Teddy had a good completion %, made Robbie Anderson a thousand yard receiver for the first (only?) time in his NFL career and, of course, gave another 1000 yards to DJ. 

Even though he's led game-winning drives for other teams in the past, he had none for us. But he also had a terrible offensive line and, apparently, coaches who didn't properly train these guys for 2-minute drills or red zone offense. That's what Teddy said, and clearly it was true.

Anyway, Teddy's career as a starter is over. Bryce still has a chance. But looks like it will take him time to adjust. I just can't help but wonder why I was hearing about all this chemistry between he and Chark in training camp as well as other receivers...and yet, we haven't seen it.

His career was what it was before and after Rhule with a gruesome  injury in between 

he wasn’t the answer here for many reasons and was over paid..not his fault ..but don’t make him more than he was 

as for Bryce…who knows.

The eye test makes it seem We seem to have gone from Superman to Mighty Mouse. 

Cam could elevate the likes of Funchess and Philly Brown and they were pretty bad…and a pair of the worst tackles in the league, though Oher helped for awhile after Gross

Young strikes me as needing to have people around who are good to great and that’s seldom happened on this franchise…an able game manager when people around him can perform .

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, AU-panther said:

But Richardson has actually shown the ability to do some stuff that most other QBs can’t do, albeit running.  A few plays here and there where you might say he is different than most.  Bryce hasn’t really shown anything yet

Richardson’s rushed 13 times for 75 yds, longest run of 18.

Young’s rushed 5 times for 51 yards, longest run of 26.

Young’s actually done more on the ground when he’s running it, but he doesn’t have the goal line touchdowns. I was surprised that it’s that close and granted Richardson missed a chunk of last week, but he’s doing it on designed runs and read options. Young’s got those numbers just from escaping. 

11 hours ago, AU-panther said:

But Richardson has actually shown the ability to do some stuff that most other QBs can’t do, albeit running.  A few plays here and there where you might say he is different than most.  Bryce hasn’t really shown anything yet, I’m not saying he won’t in the future, but so far the only thing that has stood out is his ability to throw it out of bounds. 

That's fine but it ended up with him in a hospital. Ask Cam or Josh Allen(or any NFL RB) about the longevity of that style of play. It's a cool weapon to have but if you get splattered by other giant players 10-15 times a game, you are gonna have a very short NFL career.

So, ultimately long term he is in the same place as Bryce. Gotta figure out how to be an effective passer in the NFL.

Edited by kungfoodude