• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early Games Thread

Harbingers

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Goff is eating the saints defense right now. Wouldn’t say the falcons are all that on defense after watching this. 

Neither team impressed me when we played them either - we just couldn't get out of our own way.

People are searching for reasons - supporting cast, play calling etc when it's clear the problem lies at QB. Dude isn't it - it's a show me league and he's already shown he's going to massively struggle at this level. 

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

TCU were a fairytale story - they were always the imposter in the Playoffs. 

This. Michigan just didn't show up. They beat TCU with ease 9 out of 10 times. I expected TCU to get best bad in the championship game but I didn't expect them to take possibly the worst skull draggings ever in a high level championship game. That looked like UGA was playing a bad D1AA team.

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Neither team impressed me when we played them either - we just couldn't get out of our own way.

People are searching for reasons - supporting cast, play calling etc when it's clear the problem lies at QB. Dude isn't it - it's a show me league and he's already shown he's going to massively struggle at this level. 

Eh, playcalling is some of it. Maybe because the playbook was suited to Bryce I don’t know. We’ll find out later today though. 

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Minshew is good enough to legit start for somebody. You can't tell me there's 32 better QBs.

The smart thing to do last offseason, once we ruled ourselves out of the Carr sweepstakes, was to sign Minshew, sit tight at #9 and let the Draft come to us. 

Instead we are where we are.