• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrified Cj stroud will be a stud

Frank9999

54 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats nice...is there some reason you stopped scrolling?

Screenshot_20231004_182514_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f61900613e054f90fe3897ae94c50545.jpg

And here is one from a whole thread dedicated to stroud. You are welcome 

Screenshot_20231004_182944_Chrome.thumb.jpg.35ecd415fb1bf843fda5a90afe3c6093.jpg

I kept Scrolling.

and nice cherry picking.

if you actually read through  the whole thread(s) plural.

Most if not all but 1 or 2 are saying you can’t judge yet off this small sample size.  Something no one here can grasp and he’s our guy.

Also a whole lot of post credit their OC for scheming up certain route concepts to help CJ.  Something that goes over many here’s head.

And even several talking how much better their situation is than Bryce’s when before the season they expected the opposite.

Ive never seen an obsession with a player on another team than I have today.

I also never thought I’d see the day where Panthers Reddit felt a lot smarter than this place.  Not even 2010, not even Post Jake Delhomme Arizona collapse was this bad.

@Zodreally needs another hard reset like in 08

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Also a whole lot of post credit their OC for scheming up certain route concepts to help CJ.  Something that goes over many here’s head.

Isn't an offensive coordinator supposed to come up plays that his players can successfully execute in order to move the ball and score?  

4 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Isn't an offensive coordinator supposed to come up plays that his players can successfully execute in order to move the ball and score?  

Is just one of the numerous ways to take credit away from stroud because he is crushing all those pre draft narratives. Now watch when Bryce gets all this help he needs, o line, new great OC, weapons at all skill positions he will be somehow "carrying" the team threw his greatness.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Is just one of the numerous ways to take credit away from stroud because he is crushing all those pre draft narratives. Now watch when Bryce gets all this help he needs, o line, new great OC, weapons at all skill positions he will be somehow "carrying" the team threw his greatness.

People used to say that Stroud had great numbers in college because of his great group of receivers.  My simple response to that was, well, receivers get open and Stroud delivers the ball to them.  Isn't that what he's supposed to do?  

I was on here months ago, believing that Carolina would take Stroud, saying that if the OL protects and receivers get open, Stroud will deliver the ball.  I also said that, on 3rd-and-long, when you need a QB to make a big throw, I want Stroud behind center.  

I still think that Bryce can be a decent NFL QB.  Carolina needs to build their offensive identity around Bryce's strengths.  Bryce is going to get better but I'm not sure that he is "the guy" that's going to lead Carolina to a Super Bowl win.  

Edited to add:  By the way, Ohio State's receivers aren't putting NEAR the numbers they were when Stroud was slinging the ball.  Marvin Harrison Jr. suddenly looks human.  On the contrary, it was Stroud that made them look other-worldly.  Ohio State sure misses CJ Stroud.  Alabama also despertely misses Bryce Young.  

Edited by Buckeye Homer
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.panthers.com/news/notebook-bryce-young-is-running-my-own-race

You can like and cheer for both players. Hell they are friends and cheer for each other. 

Absolutely.  I love both players.  I watched your game against Minnesota (after Houston's game) and was rooting for Bryce and the Panthers to be successful.  

• Pie 1

On 9/24/2023 at 11:43 AM, Brent Gregory said:

Stroud looks so much better at this point. I'm taking pride in the wonderlic scores to keep my spirits up however.....

The s2 is much better to determine how good one can make smart mental decisions in seconds like a computer which is much more reliable than the obsolete Wonderlic test that no one uses anymore in sports.

4 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

The s2 is much better to determine how good one can make smart mental decisions in seconds like a computer which is much more reliable than the obsolete Wonderlic test that no one uses anymore in sports.

The S2 test is supposed to be a tool to help NFL teams in selecting players.  If the scores were as claimed, then the S2 failed miserably.  Although from what I've read on this forum it seems that some believe that David Tepper was impressed by Bryce Young over dinner and that's when the decision was made to select him.  Who knows?

53 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Stop trying to compare players in a vacuum of 4 games where there are too many different variables.

Everyone knows you can’t compare any player ever on different teams regardless of games because they all played different opponents and had different coaches and different teammates and you can’t start at four games you have to wait for five to be completed or six or…

Or let fans compare players because that’s what they do.