• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Time

Proudiddy

23 minutes ago, Jacob said:

At least you aren’t as dumb as the people who have been supporting for 23.

The Panthers have been exciting to watch and competitive from 1995 to 2017. It all came to an end when the core of Cam Newton, Jonathan Stewart, Greg Olsen, Ryan Kalil, Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis & Charles Johnson reached the end following 2017.

CMC was the only player added to the core that had leader/playmaker ability since the 2012 offseason. The Panthers went from adding 1 to 2 core leaders/playmakers every season to adding 1 core leader/playmaker in a decade.

This is the problem that has compounded since 2013. Need a flow of leaders & playmakers to keep it going. The problem does not appear to be corrected with the 2023 draft.

Not elevating Brandon Beane in 2013 is clearly the downfall.

• Pie 3

For me, this is time to scout the team for future needs (makes college football even more interesting on Saturdays!) and to see how the team develops. Are the young guys improving on the week before? Are coaches adjusting?

I'm still gonna cheer my ass off for the team and hope for them to win (even if it costs the Bears draft position in the 1st), but I'm not going to lose my poo when things fall apart.

This is going to be a great season to practice compartmentalization if it's not a strong skill. 😅

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

When your team loses be happy the fans are bitching and crying. The worst that they could do is say nothing and disappear. This organization and board should be at least grateful for that. 

It's just a joke to me because if the team finally starts to come together and string a few wins together then its all good they're fans again and face no repercussions for the BS they spewed while the team was trying to figure poo out. 

You shouldn't get to have it both ways. Either cut bait with the team until this regime is over (I did this through the Rhule years) or strap in for the long haul and try and enjoy the process because if this team does finally hit its stride there's going to be a lot of crow to be eaten around these forums.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Nothing you said was fair. You even blamed him because Mingo dropped a pass. You've had an agenda against him and it took Dalton throwing 60 passes, a bunch in garbage time, and he still didn't make a difference. 

Though I will say, no QB could lead this team and coach to as many as 3 wins. Not a single one in the NFL. So, if there's a year to take off as a fan, this is it.

You also have made it your personal mission to defend Bryce from mean 'ol Proudiddy's criticisms.

And again, I made a joke after Mingo dropping ANOTHER pass that we pretty much drafted him bc Bryce's dad said Bryce liked him after the first night if the draft lol.  And the team literally posted it on their site as part of this mastermind PR tour showing how this offensive juggernaut was built...  and then the games happened and we look like absolute poo.  I didn't make it up.  I didn't embellish.  The poo is literally how our team framed it for our consumption.  I don't have an agenda against him.  I think he's physically limited, I never thought he was a franchise QB or worthy of the number 1 pick, but, once we took him, I hoped against hope that I was wrong.  I've seen enough to feel like my assumptions were warranted.  I still hope for the best and would love for him to turn it around and then we don't have to worry about QB for 10 years - but I've played and watched enough football to understand that is highly unlikely based off of what he's shown so far.  Also, you said it took Dalton 60 passes to make for a functional offense like that was an insult lol...  bro, they wouldn't even let Bryce throw 60 times.  What does that tell you?

But sadly, I never like putting a number on wins before the season is done, because I still always want to maintain hope for any given season as long as I possibly can - but again, based off what we've seen thus far, I have to agree, we'll be lucky to get 3 wins.  And what's worse, we are likely married to Reich for a minimum of 3 years, so unless he magically comes to his senses and hands playcalling over to Brown, this poo is going to be a rolling dump truck full of manure...  and even if Brown does assume playcalling duties, I'm sure he'll be hired elsewhere as a HC quickly and we're right back to circling the toilet with Reich.  And all of this poo is on Tepper.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

It's just a joke to me because if the team finally starts to come together and string a few wins together then its all good they're fans again and face no repercussions for the BS they spewed while the team was trying to figure poo out. 

You shouldn't get to have it both ways. Either cut bait with the team until this regime is over (I did this through the Rhule years) or strap in for the long haul and try and enjoy the process because if this team does finally hit its stride there's going to be a lot of crow to be eaten around these forums.

Brother, a lot of us have waited for a lot of years to eat crow, and if anytime before was rough, it's nothing compared to now because Tepper is leaving us fuging starving.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

To check out, to quit, to find a new team, whatever you prefer.

We hired a retread, shitty coach who thinks 1950s offense is innovative and cutting edge.

We just watched a team up 15 points with 4 minutes in a game left go for a two-point conversion, the QB run backwards 20 yards and then throw it from the numbers on one side of the field to past the numbers on the opposite side of the field into the endzone, and they converted it with two defenders on that receiver.

I always say, I constantly see crazy poo happen to us that I've never seen in any other game or happen to any other team but us...  file that two-point conversion under that category.

And yes, we saw the receivers are solid and functional with Dalton, but regardless of what happens with Bryce, the coaching and playcalling under Reich is complete and utter ass.  So if we're stuck with Reich, Bryce is fighting an uphill battle regardless of how his skills and ability would project on their own.

Today is a very sad day of realizations.  We fuged up big time and we're in a deep, deep hole.  This isn't just some regular old rebuild...  we are in a bad way. 

These threads are so stupid. Do you have a right to be mad? Absolutely.to quit or find a new team is a joke. You either are a fan or you’re not. If it’s that easy for you to just quit or find a new team then you were never really a true fan. It doesn’t work like that.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

I’m not going anywhere. Panthers are my team till the bitter end. Hoping that maybe Reich will realize he’s not cutting it and give play calling to Brown. 

I appreciate the loyalty, I'm just not sure I can do it anymore.

It hasn't been fun watching this team since 2015 and evidently the next couple of years are guaranteed to be shite too. I might just be done.

12 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

These threads are so stupid. Do you have a right to be mad? Absolutely.to quit or find a new team is a joke. You either are a fan or you’re not. If it’s that easy for you to just quit or find a new team then you were never really a true fan. It doesn’t work like that.

I agree, but this was more like a notice to those who haven't been here.  But ngl, everytime I think we've hit rock bottom, something like that 2 point conversion from today happens and they prove me wrong. 🤣

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Brother, a lot of us have waited for a lot of years to eat crow, and if anytime before was rough, it's nothing compared to now because Tepper is leaving us fuging starving.

I understand. There's no guarantee we will ever have a winning season under Tepper and this certainly feels like another wasted season. It definitely sucks but I have not yet given up on Bryce. He has the talent. He's done SOME things that makes it look like he can play at this level, and it's yet to fully look like a complete disaster with him on the field (I know it hasn't looked good, either). If he works hard at his craft which I believe that he will he can be a quality QB for us. I still believe the sample size is way too short (no pun intended) to throw the towel in on his career/season. If we can develop Bryce into a competent QB by seasons end I don't really care what our W/L record is. HE has to develop and as long as that happens we aren't in too bad of shape.

Regardless what the FO said or what the belief was surrounding this team it's HARD to do a full on regime/scheme change and have the right pieces in place in just one offseason. Not saying it can't be done because it has but more often than not it takes more than one season for a team to take shape of the current regime. We have like top 5 cap space next offseason we will be able to build around our young QB hopefully. He just has to develop throughout these next 14 games. I hope it happens or I will be joining you and the rest of the people by not supporting the team until there's yet another regime change.

• Pie 1

Just now, The Lobo said:

Would trading Burns help? I mean why would he want to re sign here and why would we want to give him Boss money? Could we get Tee Higgins for him or some picks from another team? 

TBH, I love Burns, but atp, we may as well.  We aren't turning this poo around in a year and Burns is pretty one-dimensional, and the longer we play like poo and I see him stop running plays down from the weak side and just decide to walk instead like he did in the 4th today, I'm cool in letting him get paid elsewhere.  He has 20 sacks in a season potential, but I don't think he ever gets to that here.  Hell, most teams are just gonna get up on us and run the ball anyway, so he won't get as many opportunities anyway.  Ultimately, he isn't going to make enough plays to win games himself anyway.

• Pie 1