• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt says we will let Dwill walk in 2010.

Snake

Gantt has become my least fav writer at this point.......

Jonathan Stewart saved the Carolina Panthers on Sunday night.

He might save them even more in the future, even if it's at the expense of his buddy DeAngelo Williams.

Stewart's ability to be the Panthers' bell cow running back on short notice — and shorter practice — against Minnesota opens a box full of questions the Panthers will have to answer a year from now.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1826722.html

you only quoted the first few lines of the article. anyone too lazy to read thru it will think he's refering to stewart being the reason why carolina would consider letter williams go after 2010...when that's not true.

I was waiting for you to come in and say something :D

He didn't say we were going to let him go, merely raised the question of whether it was an option. For me it is a clear option under certain circumstances. What if Williams wants to break the bank?

Do we know who the coach is going to be and how much they are going to value our double trouble rushing attack. I can't see Hurney letting him go. On the other hand if we have new staff and management, we might be in the middle of a big switch in philosophy and resultant roster rebuilding.

I don't think anyone wants to lose Williams and we will do what we can to keep him. Lets see what happens by this time next year. Until then all of this is speculation way ahead of the fact. We might look very much the same or very different depending on who is at the helm.

;)

i was actually in the middle of typing a fairly indept post about this article before i saw this one.

I gained a lot of respect for Stewart in the last couple of weeks. I think the plan with this regime was to have him compete with d will and become the starter over him but that never happened. Now if williams comes back with another huge season and not injured during a contract season I am not sure what the FO will do. I for one am a big D-will fan but am a little skeptical J-stew can do it on his own.

Archived