• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what has Reich exactly accomplished to get the #1 pick and an immediate second chance?!?

TheBigKat

He’s no spring chicken

he’s no offensive savant

when he came in, he walked into a stout defense and a team that was 1 win away from playoffs albeit abysmal. He got the #1 pick and hefty cap space and what’s he done with it?

The Young pick doesn’t seem so ‘NFL processor ready’ and the team is not fighting. At least in year 1 with Rhule they were scrappy. The guy got fired mid season last year and immediately gets a second chance, why?!

IMG_1612.jpeg

• Pie 1

We gave rhule how many years and you guys want to bail on the coach after 3 games?  This is going to take time.  Everyone complained when Jerry wouldn't open his check book and now you have an owner that can't keep it closed and still complain.  Reich has a plan and that plan wasn't a Superbowl year 1 of the rebuild.  Give it time.  There's a lot of football heads in the building now, they will right the ship. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

He’s no spring chicken

he’s no offensive savant

when he came in, he walked into a stout defense and a team that was 1 win away from playoffs albeit abysmal. He got the #1 pick and hefty cap space and what’s he done with it?

The Young pick doesn’t seem so ‘NFL processor ready’ and the team is not fighting. At least in year 1 with Rhule they were scrappy. The guy got fired mid season last year and immediately gets a second chance, why?!

IMG_1612.jpeg

Good coaches don't get let go mid-season, period. They may quit, or retire, but they don't get fired.

He was fired for a reason. 

Tepper has been nothing but tepid in managing this team and at this point I have to wonder if his net worth is what he says it is. If he's as good at managing a hedge fund as he is a football organization, it's a miracle he's not out in tent city California. 

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Good coaches don't get let go mid-season, period. They may quit, or retire, but they don't get fired.

He was fired for a reason. 

Tepper has been nothing but tepid in managing this team and at this point I have to wonder if his net worth is what he says it is. If he's as good at managing a hedge fund as he is a football organization, it's a miracle he's not out in tent city California. 

Yeah he was such a bum the owner fired him and brought in a guy with zero nfl head coaching experience on a whim. 

he is in his 60s and i mentioned yesterday - everytime the camera cuts to him he is just standing around showing zero emotion and just looking at his clipboard. I’ve only seen him interact with players once and it was with Andy yesterday before the half. 

the only silver lining is maybe we might be able to get first crack at the DC for a head coach but considering the teams track record they will probably let him walk and bring in Josh McDaniels as the new HC 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah he was such a bum the owner fired him and brought in a guy with zero nfl head coaching experience on a whim. 

he is in his 60s and i mentioned yesterday - everytime the camera cuts to him he is just standing around showing zero emotion and just looking at his clipboard. I’ve only seen him interact with players once and it was with Andy yesterday before the half. 

the only silver lining is maybe we might be able to get first crack at the DC for a head coach but considering the teams track record they will probably let him walk and bring in Josh McDaniels as the new HC 

I saw more passion from Evero yesterday after the 4th and 1 play than Reich all year

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

I saw more passion from Evero yesterday after the 4th and 1 play than Reich all year

He is my pick for the next HC. I like what I see from him. It’s not his fault the offense is incompetent and doesn’t want to run the ball. I saw something similar at UNC when Larry Fedora was HC. The offense would routinely go 3 and out of 6 and out and the defense was gassed like a mofo and had been on the field the entire game by crunch time. Its a team game. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Evero is legit.  Last year I was very against hiding a DC for the job and I've completely changed my mind. Evero is smart and aggressive in his play calling and the D looked bad in the second half but he was out his two starting LBs, a safety, and two starting corners... several of which were lost in game (harder to scheme around than those lost before it).  When given a chance to scheme he hides weaknesses and beings out a good squad imo.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Evero is legit.  Last year I was very against hiding a DC for the job and I've completely changed my mind. Evero is smart and aggressive in his play calling and the D looked bad in the second half but he was out his two starting LBs, a safety, and two starting corners... several of which were lost in game (harder to scheme around than those lost before it).  When given a chance to scheme he hides weaknesses and beings out a good squad imo.

Yeah, and let’s be honest here I don’t know if Burns is trying 100%. He is trying to get paid and blowing his knee out isn’t a good business decision. Can’t say I blame him. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, and let’s be honest here I don’t know if Burns is trying 100%. He is trying to get paid and blowing his knee out isn’t a good business decision. Can’t say I blame him. 

I'm not sure he deserves to be paid what he wants. Frankly he looks a lot like he always has to me - good for a sack or pressure here and there but not really a consistent disruptor.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1