• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To stop the hemorrhaging, we have to stop trading away and trading for players

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

McGlassfrey? 😂

I told y'all not to be surprised if he suddenly becomes much more durable if he's traded to an actual contender. Lo and behold...

I said that the other day a got crucified on here. It’s amazing guys want to play “hurt” for a winning team. Those booboos become business decisions when the team stinks. 

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I said that the other day a got crucified on here. It’s amazing guys want to play “hurt” for a winning team. Those booboos become business decisions when the team stinks. 

5 injuries in 2 years.....he came back during the season 3 times in 2 years.....yet he was laying out?  I don't get you guys....

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/christian-mccaffrey/7750

36 minutes ago, SOJA said:

IMO the biggest FO mistakes we've had the last few years are in order:

4- Signing Teddy Bridgewater. We were in a perfect position to just suck ass and tank for Trevor but unfortunately we had to get a semi competent player in

This to me was the start of this now continued sh*t show and how the franchise went about the transition from Cam so wrong.  The correct course of action & how most franchises "rebuild" or move on is they should have simply re-signed Cam then eventually draft his replacement AND if Cam's shoulder was so shot & they sucked so bad then we are in the Trevor or other early draft pick QB hunt.  Instead, its been one other teams failed QB after another and now hoping the Bryce pick works out with to many years of some of the worst football ever witnessed in Charlotte. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Sanders is on a reasonable upper-tier RB contract, the problem is I don't believe he's an upper-tier RB. Tell me you couldn't get what he's done in 3 games so far with Hubbard/Blackshear and using that $/cap space elsewhere? I'd rather have given Mostert the 2-year, $8m deal he got from the Phins than Sanders a 4-year, $26m deal. 

23 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Miles was a Pro Bowl RB at 26yr old - we have him for a reasonable contract - not to mention we have an out after next year if needed and very low cap hits the year after if he sucks.  It is a very good contract for what he is and for our future.  He was one of the best options available.

Clearly I meant DeShawn Williams - I keep doing that for some reason

You are really blaming Fitt for Robbie's mental collapse?  The man was 27 coming off an 1100yd season - 15th in the league.  I guess we shoulda known he was going to lose his friggin mind?

You didn't mention this but the McCaffrey deal.  I agree CMC is clearly a 1st round pick, but we got 4 picks (2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th) which is almost the most a RB has been traded for in value.  And you see how the league values RB's these days.  Guys like Cook, JT, Jacobs....look at what they are worth to teams and we got 4 fairly high picks.  That is far from a bad deal.

Y'all need to get over your 20/20 hindsight - at the time most of these deals make complete sense and most GM's would do the same thing.  

And what did Fitterer do with those 4 picks? 

And what good did signing Reddick do? Fitterer chose to sign Donte Jackson essentially instead of Reddick… ouch

You're really having to reach if your entire list of good includes signing DeShawn Williams… How about Shy Tuttle? 3 year 18 mill… puke

At this point if you’re still a believer in Scott Fitterer you’re clearly a blind homer 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Sanders is on a reasonable upper-tier RB contract, the problem is I don't believe he's an upper-tier RB. Tell me you couldn't get what he's done in 3 games so far with Hubbard/Blackshear and using that $/cap space elsewhere? I'd rather have given Mostert the 2-year, $8m deal he got from the Phins than Sanders a 4-year, $26m deal. 

I lean towards how you feel, but I have to acknowledge our interior line is a joke right now.

I do like some of what Sanders has done in the passing game, and naturally that’s where he looks better because he’s far away from the guards who are making everyone look bad at the moment. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, grateflday said:

This to me was the start of this now continued sh*t show and how the franchise went about the transition from Cam so wrong.  The correct course of action & how most franchises "rebuild" or move on is they should have simply re-signed Cam then eventually draft his replacement AND if Cam's shoulder was so shot & they sucked so bad then we are in the Trevor or other early draft pick QB hunt.  Instead, its been one other teams failed QB after another and now hoping the Bryce pick works out with to many years of some of the worst football ever witnessed in Charlotte. 

oh I completely agree I have ranted about it so many times on this website and twitter. It truly was one of the biggest poo shows a team has ever done and set us on a terrible course 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

And what did Fitterer do with those 4 picks? 

And what good did signing Reddick do? Fitterer chose to sign Donte Jackson essentially instead of Reddick… ouch

You're really having to reach if your entire list of good includes signing DeShawn Williams… How about Shy Tuttle? 3 year 18 mill… puke

At this point if you’re still a believer in Scott Fitterer you’re clearly a blind homer 

I'm not saying I think Fitt is the best or even very good - I am simply saying y'all love to point out a few players that didn't go as hoped and ignore the ones that were fine or upside.  

Those 4 picks so far are Mingo, DJ, and trading up for Bryce....if you are calling them a loss at this point you are just irrational - 1 more pick next year

Riddick had a great year - we just couldn't afford to pay $15M a year to him and sign everyone else

I just listed DeShawn cause he is a nice value vet pickup - our defense has looked great 

Shy Tuttle at $19.5 is right at his market value - $6.3M a year 

Y'all still ignore the fact that this is what was available for the money we have.  We had some contracts to get out of and a TON of upgrades needed.  AND we didn't have the single most important piece of all - a QB.  Rebuilds take time and pain.

2 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I lean towards how you feel, but I have to acknowledge our interior line is a joke right now.

I do like some of what Sanders has done in the passing game, and naturally that’s where he looks better because he’s far away from the guards who are making everyone look bad at the moment. 

Agree - it is crazy to heap so much blame on the RB's and QB when the O-line has been one of the worst in the league.  Sanders had 750 carries averaging 5.0yds per for his career - in 3 games he is 3.4yds per and every says he sucks.....Literally 750 carries vs 40

• Pie 1