• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even more pressure numbers (not for the weak stomach)

ncfan

10 minutes ago, csx said:

another who missed his point

he wasn't suggesting this is a good thing. He was pointing out that an experienced QB can still do a little something when there's pressure. Which is going to happen in the NFL

They think a good o line is a solid concrete wall. Hell, hurts was getting pressured last night and eagles have the best o line in league. Defenders are too fast and athletic in this age,  nobody is getting all day to make a throw. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Correct. Despite all this pressure dude still slung the ball around while being pressured. And didn't turn the ball over. In a hostile crowd environment. 

Never did I suggest slinging the ball around 50+ times a game is a recipe for victory. Just complimenting what Dalton just pulled off despite the circumstances. 

I mean

he is a vet who has been around the league for a long time.  And has experience with being rag dolled around in Cinci.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah.  They have proven they can be successful under certain schemes.  You have to play to your players strengths.  

Yet so many coaches are hell bent on their way while completely ignoring any facts that might help them improve if it gets in the way of their way.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 2

Lets face it Reich is stuck in concrete. He is not going to change the way he coaches to match team strengths. I did not want to retain Wilks because I was hoping for a young offensive mind. I would take Wilks back right now. 

We need a whole new front office and a coach from this millennium. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

I agree with a lot that's being said. And that's likely an advantage that younger coaches have when it comes to molding schemes to fit their players' strengths. Older coaches likely fall back on their accumulated knowledge and experience over the molding aspect.

Screenshot_20230926_133031_Chrome.jpg

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah.  They have proven they can be successful under certain schemes.  You have to play to your players strengths.  

To be fair, Corbett and Bozeman have a solid track record in zone so it's reasonable to think they thought it would be fine, especially with Icky being young and a scheme versatile type.  

Not to mention, stretch zone is kind of where we should go in today's NFL.  Problem is, well Corbett is out, and we're not calling a lot of outside zone stuff.  Very general concepts, more runs inside with a scheme that should present a ton of plays that stretch a defense horizontally and vertically at the same time.

No speed to stretch vertically, no play calls to stretch horizontally = this

It's all very counterintuitive.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

To be fair, Corbett and Bozeman have a solid track record in zone so it's reasonable to think they thought it would be fine, especially with Icky being young and a scheme versatile type.  

Not to mention, stretch zone is kind of where we should go in today's NFL.  Problem is, well Corbett is out, and we're not calling a lot of outside zone stuff.  Very general concepts, more runs inside with a scheme that should present a ton of plays that stretch a defense horizontally and vertically at the same time.

No speed to stretch vertically, no play calls to stretch horizontally = this

It's all very counterintuitive.  

Yeah and if we are dropping a rookie QB (especially one on the smaller size) behind our OL we should probably play to that OL's strengths for a while until our QB gets comfortable.