• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton on Bryce

CRA

From top to bottom, it’s not set up for him to be successful.   

a person like Bryce could be scarred, just like any other QB could, if thrown to the wolves too early

https://x.com/avl_mike/status/1707123130605715956?s=46&t=f55N0zsNFevD-XGJBWj1-A

https://x.com/kj_wright34/status/1707068331419984077?s=46&t=f55N0zsNFevD-XGJBWj1-A

Cam also gives his side on the great preseason debate about his cast vs Bryce’s.   Not even close. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So he thinks sitting a rookie QB ala Mahommes/Smith in KC is a good idea

Talks about rookies playing that were in a good position to play as rookies.  Gives Russell Wilson as an example.  Setup for early success.  Situation was good. 

it’s the whole good position, bad position narrative.  You can ruin hurt guys by putting them in bad spots.  We are presently not a great situation for Bryce to be successful and grow.   It’s about what they put around him.  What they ask of him as a QB.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I remember Reich in one of his pressers over minicamp or possibly during training camp literally bragging about how much he was putting on Bryce's plate and it kind of took me by surprise. 

It doesn't appear that he was exaggerating that statement.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Talks about rookies playing that were in a good position to play as rookies.  Gives Russell Wilson as an example.  Setup for early success.  Situation was good. 

it’s the whole good position, bad position narrative.  You can ruin hurt guys by putting them in bad spots.  We are presently not a great situation for Bryce to be successful and grow.   It’s about what they put around him.  What they ask of him as a QB.  

Yeah, Cam doesn't elaborate on this part but KC was already a playoff caliber team when they got Mahomes and still sat him. I think Wilson did legit win his qb competition in Seattle where after like 2 training camp practices Reich said Bryce was the guy

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

crazy to think cam only lasted in the league for 9 years.... great times but man it went by too quick! I still think he could play a taysom hill roll if he wanted.

I'd rather not see him play ever again, if he has to imitate Taysom Hill to get on the field.

Edited by UnluckyforSome
  • Pie 2