• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really Expect Confident Bryce

Frank9999

On 9/29/2023 at 6:53 PM, GOAT said:

I said it once and I'll say it again, this is his SB.

I expect nothing from him, another snoozer, another dink and dunking, fumbling, lining up behind the guard, throwing away on 3rd down, looking frazzled, looking like a boy against man type of day.

I would do anything to be wrong, I will eat all the crow, please for the love of god show us some fugging life.

It's not just urgency you want but showing energy ala Cam. We want to know he's having fun so we can have fun too. He doesn't have the personality of Cam or even Jake "Cajun Mexican jumping bean" Delhomme. Until he starts winning the battle of the minds ala Brady, we want to see reactions. That may be all unrealistic. He is who he is. As our Head Coach says, he has to feel comfortable in his own skin. Don't hold that against him.

What I want to see is our defense hold up in the 2nd half especially the 4th quarter. It's like the life drained out of them last game. Isn't it Defense that wins championships? Show us.

7 hours ago, BY9Franchise said:

Yall all bearing on Bryce but playing behind a 4th round rookie and a trash Ufa at Guard is a recipe for bad play with a short qb

I mean, this scheme is trash but he has plenty of time to throw. 

He isn't the sole problem but he isn't the best QB on this roster at the moment. Not trying to throw shade because Bryce was my guy in the draft but it is true.

I'm 100% supportive of Bryce but I would like to see him take way more downfield shots regardless of if he sees it there or not. Defenses just need to know that he's willing and able to, and I'd be ok with him audibling out of a playcall to do so at times--even if it's against Frank's wishes Coach Kilmer-style.

I think he's been trying to play mistake-free football rather than realizing that the whole reason he's on this team with a whole new staff is because they stunk anyway, so it's not like he can make the franchise much worse. He's surely seen and heard the talk and surely knows that people are comparing him with Stroud (as they've been their whole lives) so I'm sure he's feeling the pressure and will press a bit at least at times. I just hope he's pressing the accelerator rather than the brake pedal.

If he has a line like 21-46 (with a lot of those misses as downfield go-get-it plays), 305 yds with 2 tds and 3 picks in a loss, I'm not sure many would complain. If 2-3 of those completions where he looked off a defender or put the ball where only his guy could get it on the sideline, the criticisms might even be a hair quieter this week.

Edited by BrisbanePanther

Vikings defense is allowing the 2nd highest completion percentage in the NFL  

I don't need to see a win here because I know the vikings have a top 5 or top 10 passing attack. What I do need to see is a decent game from Bryce. 

I'm talking 250+ passing yards, 2+ passing TD, and a positive td/int ratio. I don't think that's asking a ton going against this caliber of defense. 

If he's going to be stumbling into another 150 yard, 1TD or less, turnover prone fest like his first 2 outings I think I'll officially be hitting the panic  button.

It's still mind boggling they didn't pick Stroud after getting blown away seemingly at the combine and pro day. I think Bryce won the Teppers over with his personality and that ultimately sealed the deal. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, this scheme is trash but he has plenty of time to throw. 

He isn't the sole problem but he isn't the best QB on this roster at the moment. Not trying to throw shade because Bryce was my guy in the draft but it is true.

Never said he was but he is the future, and needs the reps stinks because I'd love to give Chicago a lower pick.