• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Coaches, Stop Coddling

Carolina Cajun

Yeah this irritates me more than anything.  Let him sling it.  I can’t recall us running any slants, skinny posts, deep posts or crossers, etc.  The offensive system is broken.  Even Andy had to deal with some head scratching play calls and very few mid level/deep shots.  He threw for 300 yards because he threw the ball 50 times.  We have zero creativity, never throw on first down, and constantly force Bryce to play behind the chains. 

Let the kid throw the friggin ball.  Run more play action.  Roll him out of the pocket.  This offense currently looks exactly like the Colts offense with Matt Ryan last year.  It’s anemic, predictable, and boring.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Maybe it's not playing not to lose and something else. Like damage control. IDK, anything is on the table at this point. They are an embarrassment and there isn't a good way to spin it so it should be getting loud soon. 

That absolutely would make sense too, maybe they think Youngs Mind is fragile?  Whatever it is, it clearly isnt working.  I think about what Justin Fields showed last year.  Im not saying Justin Fields is any good whatsoever, but Bears fans atleast had some excitement at the end of last season not because he was winning games and not even because he wasnt turning the ball over, it was because he did some big splashy things that made fans hopeful.

• Beer 1

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

We always said the same thing about Sam then he’d instantly do something stupid 

Maybe the coaches know this is about as good as it gets for Bryce

At least for now.  I think it would be worth while to sit Bryce the next couple of games and let's give it another go in week 8 after the bye.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

At least for now.  I think it would be worth while to sit Bryce the next couple of games and let's give it another go in week 8 after the bye.

He needs to gain weight and get stronger. I truly can’t believe he showed up looking so damn small. 

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

He needs to gain weight and get stronger. I truly can’t believe he showed up looking so damn small. 

He can't gain height, but he can put on mass and get stronger.  That strip-sack/fumble today was weak.  The defender barely whacked him on the arm and the ball popped out.  Dude needs a whey powder infused IV.  I'd like to see Bryce get up to about 215 pounds.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

He can't gain height, but he can put on mass and get stronger.  That strip-sack/fumble today was weak.  The defender barely whacked him on the arm and the ball popped out.  Dude needs a whey powder infused IV.  I'd like to see Bryce get up to about 215 pounds.

Same goes for the one against the Saints. It doesn’t look like he gained a single pound from the end of the season last year. I really didn’t think that would be the case

Even Zach Wilson is looking a lot thicker right now. Maybe Bryce thought this would be easy

Edited by *FreeFua*