• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Performance vs. S2 scores

hepcat

IMG_5383.thumb.jpeg.3d343d708334d3607aef51b9ee218154.jpeg

https://x.com/nflrookiewatxh/status/1708602795358576836?s=46&t=04sKNnhiiGcTDblLYKGiJQ

Sucks having to watch the other two QB options succeed. It was clear that Bryce was not going to be as good in the pros as these other two options. I will admit I wasn’t a fan of drafting Richardson #1 overall with his limited experience but Stroud had the resume to be #1 overall. I was fully out on Bryce after watching him get obliterated by a mediocre Texas defense in 2022. He had elite WRs that made more of the plays than he did.

One silver living here, I was reading some posts about this very topic on the Colts subreddit. Most Colts fans are still optimistic about Bryce because they know Frank Reich is absolute trash. I work for a company headquartered in Indiana so when the Panthers hired Frank I got some scoop. He’s always been a bad play caller and the knock on him in Indy was he never got to draft the QB he wanted. So Colts fans are laughing at him now because he got to hand pick Bryce and he’s failing miserably.

This just reinforces the fact we HAVE to fire Frank before he ruins Bryce and this huge investment they’ve made into him. That or start Dalton the rest of the year so Bryce doesn’t get shellshocked and ruined. 

• Beer 1

I think the myth that having mental ability with little physical ability is some how better then a guy with lots of physical ability and limited mental ability is complete BS when picking that high in the draft. One has upside and the other could have been found in free agency.

I don't think it is just Frank and I also don't think getting rid of Frank automatically fixes the Young problem. His ability is subNFL level except his brain which really doesn't matter if he is that limited on the other side. The last sack is a great example of him not being able to step up into tue pocket so he is an easy target for speed rushes from the outside that should be an easy miss if he could step up and still see.

Edited by Waldo

I remember when this board was drooling over Bryce's scores on this test (that no one had ever heard of until he got a good score) and saying Stroud had red flags all over him.  The Texans almost certainly spread the "uncoachable" rumor to trick the dumbass Panthers into taking Bryce over Stroud, and our idiot fanbase was happy about it.  It was a beautifully executed psyop.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

What has always bothered me, is that people disregarded the fact that Bryce had taken the damn test multiple times. Which studies have shown, increases test scores. 

he took is once in high school and then again before the draft. It's not like he was taking it daily or treating it like a SAT prep.

Young, the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner, has taken the test multiple times — as a high school player at the QB Collective camp and then at Alabama, one of 10 FBS schools with a relationship with S2. The first school to partner with S2 was LSU, not long after Ally and Wylie were watching the 2014 draft and realized there was a need for a test to measure the skills and buzzwords they heard during the coverage, such as instincts, nose for the ball and ability to see the field.

4 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

What has always bothered me, is that people disregarded the fact that Bryce had taken the damn test multiple times. Which studies have shown, increases test scores. 

The test Bryce didn’t pass is the oldest one in history, the EYE TEST. He physically looks too small to play in the NFL, his college WRs and support cast were elite, and he generally wasn’t the most impressive player on the field. I keep going back to the game vs Texas in 2022 and I was like, this guy is the prospective #1 overall pick? He was folding under pressure and getting dogged by a mediocre defense. I knew he wasn’t going to do much in the NFL that day. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I remember when this board was drooling over Bryce's scores on this test (that no one had ever heard of until he got a good score) and saying Stroud had red flags all over him.  The Texans almost certainly spread the "uncoachable" rumor to trick the dumbass Panthers into taking Bryce over Stroud, and our idiot fanbase was happy about it.  It was a beautifully executed psyop.

To be fair, S2 was getting press because Brock Purdy scored super high on it and led 2022’s class, and a lot of elite QBs like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and Brees scored really high on it too. But totally agree that it’s one data point that shouldn’t be the end all be all, just like the idea that we shouldn’t have drafted stroud because durrr there’s no good Ohio state QBs in the NFL.

What seems likely here is that no test can actually simulate the adrenalin of playing NFL football.  Stroud appears to be a gamer.  Lights go on, he's suddenly much better.  A test can't simulate that.  Even Stroud himself alluded to it when talking about his experience with the test.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

IMG_5383.thumb.jpeg.3d343d708334d3607aef51b9ee218154.jpeg

https://x.com/nflrookiewatxh/status/1708602795358576836?s=46&t=04sKNnhiiGcTDblLYKGiJQ

Sucks having to watch the other two QB options succeed. It was clear that Bryce was not going to be as good in the pros as these other two options. I will admit I wasn’t a fan of drafting Richardson #1 overall with his limited experience but Stroud had the resume to be #1 overall. I was fully out on Bryce after watching him get obliterated by a mediocre Texas defense in 2022. He had elite WRs that made more of the plays than he did.

One silver living here, I was reading some posts about this very topic on the Colts subreddit. Most Colts fans are still optimistic about Bryce because they know Frank Reich is absolute trash. I work for a company headquartered in Indiana so when the Panthers hired Frank I got some scoop. He’s always been a bad play caller and the knock on him in Indy was he never got to draft the QB he wanted. So Colts fans are laughing at him now because he got to hand pick Bryce and he’s failing miserably.

This just reinforces the fact we HAVE to fire Frank before he ruins Bryce and this huge investment they’ve made into him. That or start Dalton the rest of the year so Bryce doesn’t get shellshocked and ruined. 

Yeah, Frank has to be a one year coach, IMO. He has thoroughly proven that he isn't the guy.

The problem being that isn't going to send a welcoming signal to anyone trying to be the next HC. We will likely have to make someone an INSANE offer(which would piss off the other owners again) to get anyone worth a poo.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

he took is once in high school and then again before the draft. It's not like he was taking it daily or treating it like a SAT prep.

Young, the 2021 Heisman Trophy winner, has taken the test multiple times — as a high school player at the QB Collective camp and then at Alabama, one of 10 FBS schools with a relationship with S2. The first school to partner with S2 was LSU, not long after Ally and Wylie were watching the 2014 draft and realized there was a need for a test to measure the skills and buzzwords they heard during the coverage, such as instincts, nose for the ball and ability to see the field.

This doesn't mean what you think it means.