• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You have a magic wand to fix our biggest problem.

kungfoodude

Which mistake was the biggest  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would fix the Panthers the most?

• Not having chosen David Tepper as an owner.
    • Not having hired Scott Fitterer.
    • Choosing someone other than Frank Reich as head coach.
    • Taking someone other than Bryce Young at #1.
    • Not making the trade up to #1.
    • Other(add in commentary)

What would you do with the absolute clarity that comes from living through the decisions that were made and the way they played out? 

Hrmmmm

How do you have any way to predict that the changes you would make would produce an outcome you would be any happier with?

Even with the clarity of hindsight there is no way to predict the (alternate) future.

2 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

What would you do with the absolute clarity that comes from living through the decisions that were made and the way they played out? 

Hrmmmm

How do you have any way to predict that the changes you would make would produce an outcome you would be any happier with?

Even with the clarity of hindsight there is no way to predict the (alternate) future.

It's more of a heat check for what people think the ultimate problem is.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It's more of a heat check for what people think the ultimate problem is.

comes off as a blame game when the reality is that its a complex system with multiple missteps on multiple issues made by multiple people and no one change puts us magically in the SB dynasty seat.

But please continue sharpening your pitchforks

5 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Sell the team to Mike Dundon 

His transformation of the Hurricanes from a pathetic bottom dweller, to yearly cup contenders is something to behold 

I also would go back to 2004 and make Adam Venitary miss his superbowl winning field goal

Reasonable chance a different result in either of our Super Bowls would have drastically changed out trajectory.

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Go back in time and let Ben Navarro buy the Panthers instead of the NFL owners and Goodell fast tracking Teppers purchase

The NFL isn't invested in the Panthers success. It is interested in collecting as many of the wealthiest people on earth as possible so they can all move towards ensuring the value of their investments keeps going up.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

The NFL isn't invested in the Panthers success. It is interested in collecting as many of the wealthiest people on earth as possible so they can all move towards ensuring the value of their investments keeps going up.

Oh I get it. My opinion has always been the other owners listened to Tepper at the potential buyers meetings and said to themselves, "We'll never have to worry about Carolina as a contender as long as he's the owner."

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Oh I get it. My opinion has always been the other owners listened to Tepper at the potential buyers meetings and said to themselves, "We'll never have to worry about Carolina as a contender as long as he's the owner."

I doubt it was even as deep as that. Some of these guys want to win more than others but none of them want to win more than they want to make money.

I doubt the threat of Tepper taking over the league with the Panthers ever even entered into the equation.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper and it's not even close.  We struggled to some extent, but there has been nothing but straight misery since he took over.  Without Tepper, Matt Rhule would have NEVER been our coach.  Without Rhule the GM (Fitts or other) would not have been hamstrung for 3 years.  That said, you have a college guy trying to build a NFL roster. After that disaster, you have a GM on the hot seat making rash decisions trying to save his own neck.  Then you have a #1 overall draft pick at QB, ready or not--NOT--the coaching staff is forced to play because to don't bench the top draft pick.  Now the new coach is quickly becoming the scapegoat because the rookie in all his hype is playing, well, like a rookie.

Fug, we're the Jets south.

Not sure if you saw the game last night but damn if Wilson didn’t look way better than I remember and the Jets gave KC all they could handle.

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Not sure if you saw the game last night but damn if Wilson didn’t look way better than I remember and the Jets gave KC all they could handle.

Yes, because they Jets TRULY WERE a player away.  That's exactly why they went out and got Rogers and basically told Wilson to kick rocks.

Do the people who are upset with Tepper as the owner realize that the next NFL that was sold/bought was the Broncos, the one team who is rivaling us for dumbest moves at the moment.

I still think far too much blame is being placed on him, I think he's actually doing a decent job at letting the football people make the final decisions (outside of forcing the trade which was god awful, but again, that's on the GM for making a bad trade in the end).

What we need to do is go back and undo the trade, then trade up to #3 with the Cardinals and take Stroud or AR, whichever fell to #3. 

We'd have saved some assets, maybe Moore, and be in a significantly better position right now.

• Pie 1