• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You have a magic wand to fix our biggest problem.

kungfoodude

Which mistake was the biggest  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would fix the Panthers the most?

• Not having chosen David Tepper as an owner.
    • Not having hired Scott Fitterer.
    • Choosing someone other than Frank Reich as head coach.
    • Taking someone other than Bryce Young at #1.
    • Not making the trade up to #1.
    • Other(add in commentary)

Tepper

Because he held onto Hurney after firing Rivera instead of starting clean

Went with Hurney to hire Rhule

he is the one that hired Fitterer 

he’s the one that hired Reich (remember the reports going back to late last fall that Tepper liked experienced HC and why Dan Quinn’s name came up)

he’s the one that was so QB horny that was chasing Watson relentlessly even to the point where he didn’t want to spend the money for guys like Reddick because we needed that money for Watson.   Only to ultimately balk because the price tag on what Watson wanted money wise was too much.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Obviously, I think not having David Tepper as the owner of the franchise would have avoided the most short-term pain. However, as I have said before- I think he is the right guy for the long term once he has the right people around him.

The right decision was to keep Wilks and build off of the success he managed to whittle out of clay and wheat. A full off-season with him would have given this team some success. It has been at least 8 years since I saw a team support their coach as he was by the end of the regular season last year. Now, the emotion is bland and empty again. 

Sure, there were questions about Holcombe leading the defense and everyone on key about having an "offensive minded coach", but you don't fix what isn't broken. I have watched the air leave the team in the past 10 months. 

I voted 'other'.

Initially I was ok with not trading Burns after trading CMC but hindsight has me rethinking that.

We should have fully committed to the rebuild with all the picks from that trade. Im still good with the coaching hires and still good with Young, but had we made the Burns trade we probably would have kept DJ Moore and that might be the difference in our record right now. 

1 minute ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Obviously, I think not having David Tepper as the owner of the franchise would have avoided the most short-term pain. However, as I have said before- I think he is the right guy for the long term once he has the right people around him.

The right decision was to keep Wilks and build off of the success he managed to whittle out of clay and wheat. A full off-season with him would have given this team some success. It has been at least 8 years since I saw a team support their coach as he was by the end of the regular season last year. Now, the emotion is bland and empty again. 

Sure, there were questions about Holcombe leading the defense and everyone on key about having an "offensive minded coach", but you don't fix what isn't broken. I have watched the air leave the team in the past 10 months. 

I don't think Wilks was the magic fix. I think defensively we are better off with the guy we have at DC over Wilks.

I do think Wilks would have not been at 0-4.