• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sobering thought

Khyber53

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

We threw a lot of screens, Chargers threw a lot of screens. I dont know how that isnt true? Reich was specifically asked about the screen game...

Chargers LOS passes: 13
Panthers LOS passes: 14

The Chargers also threw 50% more passes. They also had a 10-17 point lead from the mid 2nd to the last few minutes. We had a 10 point lead for 5 minutes and lost our game. It’s not surprising that the Chargers weren’t going downfield a ton. It’s surprising that we didn’t at all.

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't see the Niners winning the SB with Purdy. He's a solid game manager and they can make that work given their immense talent across the roster and a great offensive mind in Shanahan, but ultimately I think it will be the hurdle they can't overcome. 

Purdy has good to excellent stats in several categories. He's becoming not only a reason why they don't lose, but a reason why they win, as pointed by Unsportsmanlike this morning.

Edited by top dawg

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly. Six attempts 20+ yards versus zero. The threat is everything. Especially when the threat is highly effective going 4/6 on those attempts.

The one ball Bryce threw over 20 yards that isn't reflected in the passing chart was a DPI on a badly underthrown ball to a receiver that was grabbed and slowed down. If a receiver is grabbed and slowed it should result in what appears to be an overthrow, definitely not a ball that is still badly underthrown.

I'm not in the habit of defending BY anymore. Not until he at least attempts more deep passes, but that underthrown ball may have been the result of a bad route. The announcers thought it should have been a double move but he just ran a fly. That would throw off the timing. I mean, Bryce can at least throw the ball 50 yards. Heck his early issue was overthrowing the deep ball. 

Baker wouldn’t be terrible in our offense this year. It’s what he’s used to. Problem is, he couldn’t grasp the timing on what Wilks and Mcadoo changed the offense into. 

His first couple of weeks, Rhule was trying what Frank is doing now but it was even poorly designed.