• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Bryce Young pass/run- week 4

CRA

10 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So every play beyond 20 yards was put into the playbook just for the Seattle game?  Cool, let me know how this weeks meetings go at the stadium since you are there.

Frank was literally asked in his presser why the ball went deeper more vs Seattle.  He is on video at his presser.  

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, amcoolio said:

What sticks out to me - when Bryce plays hurry up, or plays with urgency, he is good.

No idea why he and/or Reich are taking the play clock all the way down to 0. The other team just jumps and then it ends with a sack.

My guess is its Reich, he is very old school. Just a disaster of a hire.

There’s way too much coaching going on in his headset. Fields alluded to this in Chicago as well. 

10 hours ago, 45catfan said:

image.png.a3b0ea141014e92826878b4ee8993b97.png

I know 2017 was like so yesterday, like stone ages ago, but I'm pretty sure Frank was the OC for the Super Bowl Champions.  Carson Wentz was looking like the League MVP  before he got injured and then some journeyman backup ended up winning the title.  Neither did crap when they left.

But yeah, it's all the coach.  Hell, I mean we could still have Rhule and be throwing the rookie under the bus every week.  At least Frank is deflecting blame from the rookie and putting it on himself.  Do you think Rhule would have accepted blame for a personnel botch on a play.  Frank didn't have to disclose that level of detail, but he did in order to take heat off the rookie who had been struggling to get plays off in time.

Pederson was calling the offense not Reich. Reich has been mediocre wherever he went. He was fired from the Chargers as OC and only became the Colts coach because the one they wanted said, nah. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You’re talking like 3 plays on 20+ more attempts. It’s really not some huge difference y’all are making it out to be. It’s really just one blown coverage. 

That blown coverage and garbage time TD down 17 somehow made Dalton into an All-Pro, but when Young does that next week it's gonna make him a bust

Huddle Logic at its finest

• Beer 2

Bryce was 4 yards deep in the shotgun at Alabama.  He is seven yards deep in the league. Something is going on. He then drops back 3-4 more yards. I am beginning to think he is actually the problem. I don't think he can really see the field less than 7- 10 yards deep. That's why the meat of his game is between the numbers (mostly between the hashes). All of his 10 to 12 yard passes travel 20-25 yards in the air. He has to get a running start towards the original LOS in order to throw it deep. If they can't figure this out soon. It's going to go bust.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

Bryce was 4 yards deep in the shotgun at Alabama.  He is seven yards deep in the league. Something is going on. He then drops back 3-4 more yards. I am beginning to think he is actually the problem. I don't think he can really see the field less than 7- 10 yards deep. That's why the meat of his game is between the numbers (mostly between the hashes). All of his 10 to 12 yard passes travel 20-25 yards in the air. He has to get a running start towards the original LOS in order to throw it deep. If they can't figure this out soon. It's going to go bust.

Hard to bat down balls when the qb is throwing them 10 yards deep. Among other physics related reasons 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

So Dalton specifically added downfield throws to the attack against Seattle @LinvilleGorge

....Dalton for OC?

Something has to change. We have to have a competent vertical threat in the offense. We can't run the ball or get YAC in large part because the D is just crowding the field on us because they're not worried about getting burned deep.