• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of these plays could Bryce make?

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I wanted him because I thought he was the best prospect. I'm no Alabama fan. I still think he was the best prospect.

Frankly, I think a lot of people here are holding his size against him for no good reason other than he's not the 6'5, 250lb specimen Cam was.

This thread asks how many of those throws Bryce could make; a better question is how many throws like that Cam would make if you put him in the mess Bryce has been thrown into.

Cam had a solid OL, Williams/Stewart at RB, Steve Smith at WR, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey at TE and an offensive coordinator who was looking to be aggressive and throw downfield.

Bryce has Frank "remember the 90s" Reich calling plays, Chandler Zavala shitting the bed at one guard spot and some random waiver wire pickup at the other, one reliable receiver who also happens to be 33 years old, absolutely zero running game and an invisible TE group to throw to.

But go ahead and keep being mad because he's not able to replicate one of the best rookie QB seasons of all time.

How. Many. Of. The. Downfield throws. Do. You. Think. Baby. Arm. Can. See. Over. The. Line. And Get. It. There. With.  Urgency

• Pie 5
  • Poo 2

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Y'all are equating small size with a weak arm. Bryce does not have a weak arm.

Was Cam's arm stronger? Of course. But most NFL QBs don't have an arm as strong as Cam's was.

If Bryce Young fails in the NFL it won't be because his arm is too weak.

His arm is weak for nfl standards, i cant think off the top of my head who has a weaker arm in the league now. Its not necessarily about the throwing distance cuz they can all throw it far, its the velocity and release of the throws which is important depending on the type of throw you are trying to make. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Y'all are equating small size with a weak arm. Bryce does not have a weak arm.

Was Cam's arm stronger? Of course. But most NFL QBs don't have an arm as strong as Cam's was.

If Bryce Young fails in the NFL it won't be because his arm is too weak.

just because you keep repeating it doesnt make it true

The proof is in the pudding as they say

• Beer 2

We need to move on and support the guy we have now.

But dam.  Cam was special.  There are guys who are similar athletes as him coming out, but not the the arm.   And some who have a similar arm but a fraction of the athlete.

thing that maddens me the most.  Cam’s rookie year had one of the best OL in franchise history and a slew of weapons.  Then the stupid GM decided to never replace the aging guys down the road or failed to.  And by 2016, it looked a lot like the roster today.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

I get the point of the thread but its a bad comp.  Cam had 3 future HoFers catching passes.  Right now we have DJ Chark, Thielen and a damn rookie.  No question BY would look better with that cast around him.  Any QB would.

IMG_6692.jpeg