• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The impressive throw you wanted from Bryce

TheCasillas

9 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I meant its not surprising, every throw he makes gets overhyped. I noticed it in the pre season, like this should be standard for a number 1 pick. Remember the one stare down TD to theilen in the pre season pretty much put him in the HOF. 

You can’t be serious. You’re talking about the play where he threw a bullet before Adam came out of his break and hit him in the facemask on the 1? That was a nasty throw. Yeah it was preseason but the Bryce hate here is getting unreal. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Yes!! This is the ish that can get me excited. Things are chaos around him but he keeps his head up, doesn’t cross the line, and it’s a powerful throw with zip into a tight window. If we can coach up more of that, we are onto something. 

I honestly, honestly, feel like I’m rewatching the Bears coach Fields all over again. And at some point you have to reach a breaking point where we agree to just let the kid go out there and play free and see what happens. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Yes!! This is the ish that can get me excited. Things are chaos around him but he keeps his head up, doesn’t cross the line, and it’s a powerful throw with zip into a tight window. If we can coach up more of that, we are onto something. 

I honestly, honestly, feel like I’m rewatching the Bears coach Fields all over again. And at some point you have to reach a breaking point where we agree to just let the kid go out there and play free and see what happens. 

so the screen game that we are all abusing and hating on. I am about 40% through the all22 appears to be what we switched to because our run game was failing. Then when the vikings started to catch on we went back to the run game. 

Early in the game, we were getting about 5-7 yards each screen and throwing them on the early downs. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the one play this year that made me say, "Okay, that's what I expected to see out of Bryce Young."

More please. This will get me to stop looking at AR and Stroud as better than Bryce and help me just focus on what we got. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

so the screen game that we are all abusing and hating on. I am about 40% through the all22 appears to be what we switched to because our run game was failing. Then when the vikings started to catch on we went back to the run game. 

Early in the game, we were getting about 5-7 yards each screen and throwing them on the early downs. 

Oh I was trying to refer to the Bears screen game. Fields is a big game hunter. He wants to hold the ball and throw deep. That’s who he’s always been. But Eberflus has him throwing screen after screen after screen and it doesn’t work. Their saving grace last year was running Fields into the ground each week to make up for it. 

This year was no better and I understand it’s Denver, but he was slinging the ball past 10 yards repeatedly and looked like a day 1 draft pick out there. You have to call the game to your players strengths sometimes. 

Our screens work, for now, but we need to challenge teams deeper more often. This will help our run game and screen game. And honestly, if we are going screen, please use Laviska on them rather than AT. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

24 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

You can’t be serious. You’re talking about the play where he threw a bullet before Adam came out of his break and hit him in the facemask on the 1? That was a nasty throw. Yeah it was preseason but the Bryce hate here is getting unreal. 

If stroud or Richardson makes that throw nobody is overhyping it like yall did. Theilen got wide open in single coverage against backups and bryce looked him down the whole way. It wasnt a nasty throw, it was a throw a number 1 pick should make with little difficulty. Thats the point. An that was the last play of a underwhelming pre season that got chalked up to "not opening up the playbook". Now here we are. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE