• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The impressive throw you wanted from Bryce

TheCasillas

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Trevor is the #2 QB in the NFL through four games per PFF this season. Urban wasted his rookie year. 

This year is what year 3 for Lawrence? What does that have to do with anything I said?

So Trevor was the victim of bad schemes his rookie year. Gotcha. The bad schemes made him miss wide open throws and the rookie mistakes you normally see from a QB. Gotcha. Trevor threw 1 TD pass the entire months of November and December that year too. But I'm sure that was all on the coaching staff and had absolutely nothing to do with being a rookie qb on a terrible team (similar to what Bryce Young is going through currently).

Believe what you want but when Bryce does get it together towards the end of the season and into year 2 it is going to be great to hear the excuses you and everyone else who is bashing our rookie qb come up with as to why he's all of a sudden being successful.

4 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

This year is what year 3 for Lawrence? What does that have to do with anything I said?

So Trevor was the victim of bad schemes his rookie year. Gotcha. The bad schemes made him miss wide open throws and the rookie mistakes you normally see from a QB. Gotcha. Trevor threw 1 TD pass the entire months of November and December that year too. But I'm sure that was all on the coaching staff and had absolutely nothing to do with being a rookie qb on a terrible team (similar to what Bryce Young is going through currently).

Believe what you want but when Bryce does get it together towards the end of the season and into year 2 it is going to be great to hear the excuses you and everyone else who is bashing our rookie qb come up with as to why he's all of a sudden being successful.

Just pointing out Trevor wasn’t just in a bad scheme, he was in a toxic environment with Meyer. Bryce is not in that here. And you must be quoting the wrong person if you think I don’t give Bryce props when he does something good. Check out the game day threads, analysis threads, etc. I damn sure won’t be making excuses for poor performance or success.

15 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

now do zach wilson

17 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Jags had the worst HC in decades.  It was a literal reality TV comedy show.  So bad that Matt Rhule couldn't get a little talk. 

And their skill talent around the rookie made the current Panthers look fast. 

Trevor didn't make some massive jump from year 1 to year 2.  The massive jump/change was what was around Trevor.   Coaching and skill talent. 

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Jags had the worst HC in decades.  It was a literal reality TV comedy show.  So bad that Matt Rhule couldn't get a little talk. 

And their skill talent around the rookie made the current Panthers look fast. 

Trevor didn't make some massive jump from year 1 to year 2.  The massive jump/change was what was around Trevor.   Coaching and skill talent. 

Trevor had Chark, Shenault and a bad Oline. Sound familiar?

And as Trevor's environment improved from year 1 to year 2, he improved. Why can't the same be said for Bryce?

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if we are 3 years in and still waiting on young to "flash" some potential then we are in way worse shape then I currently think

Oh they obviously gave up on him and signed Rodgers, but I'd like to see Zach show he belongs in the league.  His appears to be all mental though similar to Darnold. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Trevor had Chark, Shenault and a bad Oline. Sound familiar?

And as Trevor's environment improved from year 1 to year 2, he improved. Why can't the same be said for Bryce?

Trevor didn’t have Thielen and our weak backfield was even better.  And Urban Meyer made Matt Rhule look competent.   Trevor was in a worse spot than Bryce.  

Trevor was also a physically built robot in a lab for the NFL, Bryce isn’t.   There are going to be some things that will never be on the table for Bryce because of limitations that don’t apply to Trevor.