• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading NFL's next generation of QBs, Week 4: Huge bounce back from Sam Howell, Bryce Young flops again

Martin

Can't argue with the assessment. Most rookie QBs aren't going to perform well right out of the gates and Bryce seems to be one of those. 

But the real question is where will he be after three years? That's when we have to look at long term contracts and is he a franchise cornerstone. And no one here has the crystal ball that can answer that at this point. 

Maybe he will reach his potential and develop into a modern Drew Brees. Maybe he will go the Brady Quinn route and never develop. Maybe he lands in Doug Flutie land somewhere between those two. Or maybe he has the fate of RGIII and falls to injury.

We don't know and we won't know for a while.

And I think that he's suffering the slings and arrows right now because the team is 0-4 and it's not a very well built team and its one that doesn't play with much energy or fire. And personality-wise, Bryce isn't a fire and lightning kind of leader, nor is his coach.

It's a complex situation and all we're looking for is a win here and there, some signs of progress. Sure wish we were getting some of that.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ickmule said:

Summary:

Bryce lacks NFL level arm strength, is about the size of a 17 year old high school QB, and looks out of place 90% of the time.  

I didn’t waste time reading the article.  Why bother ? 

It’s a good article about eight or so young QBs they do every week. Weird to come and post and not even read it.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Martin said:

It’s a good article about eight or so young QBs they do every week. Weird to come and post and not even read it.

I’m sure it’s informative. No knock on your post, I’m just not interested in hearing anything more about Young. His performance speaks volumes. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1