• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brice Young - Is there anyimprovement through the first 4 weeks?

SpclKen

14 hours ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

For someone that supposedly the most pro ready QB, Bryce's footwork looks like someone who's never played QB before in their life. It's lazy and slow and it really affects the timing with his receivers who already struggles with separation. Especially for someone with his limitations in size and arm talent, I don't understand how his footwork is this sloppy.

Historically that was usually a big knock against QBs that came out of shotgun offenses in college translating to an NFL style offense. But now that everyone's offense is heavily shotgun it has become less of an issue overall. But yeah, Bryce has that college shotgun footwork. He gets square to the LOS way too much. His arm is already subpar and when you're trying to throw squared up you're going to struggle to throw with velocity no matter how great your arm is. The footwork definitely needs revamping.

• Beer 1

As a Panthers fan you always have to prepare yourself for the most unfortunate series of events possible. While I don't think Bryce is a super-star, I have a feeling about the time Frank stops micromanaging, Bryce will start developing and showing some improvement, and it will last 1-2 games and then he will get some odd ball season ending injury. Only to add more questions to our giant pile going into next season.

Edited by Cdparr7

Given Young’s limitations athletically, it’s even more important he gains about 15 pounds. It blows my mind for someone who’s apparently super smart that this wasn’t his focus this past offseason

In order to buy time and hang onto the ball he’s going to need to get bigger, faster and stronger. He’s simply not good enough the way he is right now

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Given Young’s limitations athletically, it’s even more important he gains about 15 pounds. It blows my mind for someone who’s apparently super smart that this wasn’t his focus this past offseason

In order to buy time and hang onto the ball he’s going to need to get bigger, faster and stronger. He’s simply not good enough the way he is right now

He hasn't had time to put on weight. I think you will see that in the next offseason. 

22 hours ago, Castavar said:

It was the other way around. Bryce was supposed to be the more pro ready pick and CJ was supposed to be the one that needed time to develop. Bryce's processing speed and being pro ready was his main points of why he was drafted over CJ and AR. Turns out it was all bullsh*t lol

I keep saying, the panthers might just be participants of the biggest scam job in football. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

He hasn't had time to put on weight. I think you will see that in the next offseason. 

How hasn’t he? He should’ve started the second he finished playing Kansas St. 

He spent more time trying to retain water in the days leading up to the combine than he did trying to gain real weight all offseason 

I get that he was super busy with appearances and etc but all that goes away if you’re not successful in the NFL. In order for him to give himself a chance at that he needs to add weight. He’s a professional athlete and calories/working out are part of the job 

At some point he might seriously want to consider taking the CMC route 

Edited by *FreeFua*

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am not knowledgeable on it enough to say if he had improved or not. 
The eye test and stats says he has looked pretty much the same through 3 games. 
But I remember a few times that I felt encouraged by what he was doing on a few drives. 
Key word is “Few”. 

48 to 88 to 94 is not really what I'd call the same, but yeah