• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

1 hour ago, DamnItJake! said:

Bro! Really!?? I was hoping someone would not try to bring this back to Bryce!! I had no intentions or throwing shade to that episode!! I was simply saying he was visibly upset and it’s a typical Ron thing to do !! Which is not be prepared to beat a team u should!! Nothing towards Bryce being upset 

It's not a bryce issue at this point. It's an offensive scheme issue. Let him throw the fuging ball down the field. I have no idea if he's any good at this pt

• Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

How do you know that his velocity is faster than Bryce with that single throw? Are you there to measure it with a radar speed gun? C'mon, it's just subjective at this point to say that it looks faster on tv. 

It's a known fact that Young doesn't have good arm strength. [It was one of his knocks] just adequate arm strength.  While it's also a known fact that Fields has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. 

Come on now, we can be realistic here. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

How do you know that his velocity is faster than Bryce with that single throw? Are you there to measure it with a radar speed gun? C'mon, it's just subjective at this point to say that it looks faster on tv. 

Brother it’s not subjective at all. It’s not an opinion Fields throws with more velocity than Bryce. It almost feels like you’re just arguing to argue. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I totally agree. It's take shots at Bryce season for anything, and there's too much subjectivity mixed in with the shot.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Meh. People have been talking poo about Fields all along, have you? I think QBs should be given time before making definitive statements about QBs. You have to take the number of games played (preferably at least a season). Miss me with talking poo about QBs after a season, much less three games, particularly without considering context. Tonight should've taught you that if nothing else.

No, I haven't been talking poo about Fields. He needed to make improvements but you always saw the prerequisite physical talent. At the end of the day if you don't have the prerequisite physical talent nothing else matters. The stands are filled with great guys. Sidelines and front offices and scouting departments are filled with brilliant football minds. Those guys aren't playing because they're not physically capable.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Well Bryce skipped the combine so thank him for that mystery. CJ and Ar were around 60 mph

• Pie 1

Just now, Varking said:

Brother it’s not subjective at all. It’s not an opinion Fields throws with more velocity than Bryce. It almost feels like you’re just arguing to argue. 

Even if that's true, you're just assuming that Bryce couldn't have made that throw, and that's where some of us are calling "bullshit!" Hell, Fields didn't even appear to put everything on it.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

I totally agree. It's take shots at Bryce season for anything, and there's too much subjectivity mixed in with the shot.

I'm not trying to take a shot at Bryce but I think it's clear that the coaching staff didn't want him. The offense isn't tailored for his skill set at all. 

It's more tailored for AR or Stroud then it is Young. 

I've admitted that the play calling when Young is playing has been awful but is that the coaching staff or limitations of Young that the team is covering up. 

His biggest + minus the field vision was his creativity and so far in the NFL that's actually not worked all that well so far. 

I know it's 3 games but there's some serious red flags with the team for one reason or another. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Even if that's true, you're just assuming that Bryce couldn't have made that throw, and that's where some of us are calling "bullshit!" Hell, Fields didn't even appear to put everything on it.

Bryce doesn’t have that in his arm man. It’s ok to recognize our QB isn’t some Greek god. If that throw is any slower it’s picked. And Bryce can’t throw it as hard as Justin did on that play. You can call “bullshit” but it doesn’t mean those of us who are saying it are wrong. 

4 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

It's a known fact that Young doesn't have good arm strength. [It was one of his knocks] just adequate arm strength.  While it's also a known fact that Fields has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. 

Come on now, we can be realistic here. 

That's a lie. Just because he doesn't have a cannon doesn't mean he doesn't have "good" arm strength. Y'all's revisionist history is running amok.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

My argument is that it seems like people are saying Bryce is an inferior QB compared to Fields because of his throw velocity. It sounds like Fields won this game tonight because of his throw velocity, in reality it's because he had DJ Moore.