• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he has. That's the scary part. Hence the constant screens. If your QB can't effectively throw more than 15-20 yards downfield what are you to do?

That is a scary thought, I’m not there yet, holding out hope. If true they should all be fired today.

18 hours ago, toldozer said:

It's not a bryce issue at this point. It's an offensive scheme issue. Let him throw the fuging ball down the field. I have no idea if he's any good at this pt

I totally agree with you there!! Time take off the training wheels and let’s see what we have Bryce and the new offense scheme as you mentioned!

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He is on par with your average NFL QB. Cousins, Goff, Carr, Hurts, Dobbs, Purdy, Smith, Burrow, Watson, Jackson, Pickett, Tua, Mac Jones, Tannehill, Jimmy G etc… He isn’t an Allen, Fields, Herbert, Mahomes, Howell cannon but is capable of making any throw especially if his feet are set. His arm strength/throw power is what it is. Carolina needs to dial up the throws and get him comfortable throwing it deep at this level.

Arm strength doesn’t differ from college to the NFL. If he was dropping deep passes right on target that skill didn’t disappear. He is either uncomfortable doing it in this offense or Reich is uncomfortable calling it for him. Week 1 showed 2 nice looking deep passes. One was overthrown which happens and the 2nd TMJ gave up on his route which looked to be right on target. It think we’ve seen a couple where he gets hit or has a lot of pressure on him and they’ve looked bad coming out, but hell Cam (who had a cannon) had a few of those. 

Cousins is a bad comp, coming out of college he threw 59mph at the combine.  That puts kirk in the top percentile of the NFL.

He's behind a few others you listed as well. 

He's on par with Watson, who has one of the weakest combine throws ever at 45mph. 

8 hours ago, Martin said:

That is a scary thought, I’m not there yet, holding out hope. If true they should all be fired today.

I was talking about this last night.

Look at the routes combinations from Seattle to the other three games. They are completely different. 

This offense wasn't designed for Young, it was designed for Stroud or AR. No question about it. 

Reich didn't get his QB and it's clear as day watching the games. 

27 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Cousins is a bad comp, coming out of college he threw 59mph at the combine.  That puts kirk in the top percentile of the NFL.

He's behind a few others you listed as well. 

He's on par with Watson, who has one of the weakest combine throws ever at 45mph. 

These are just guys who can make all the throws but not make any jaw dropping elite arm passes like the later part of the list. You don’t seem to notice that much of a difference in their passes, well I don’t notice. 

26 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields passing chart, his pace for the season and my boy from Florida Dexter getting some pass rush attempts this week. 

IMG_0110.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

IMG_0112.jpeg

I have a hard time seeing it consistently moving forward, even in this game he just hit 50% completion rate and DJ did a lot of the work. But if he does, good for him, seems like a good guy.

Just now, Martin said:

I have a hard time seeing it consistently moving forward, even in this game he just hit 50% completion rate and DJ did a lot of the work. But if he does, good for him, seems like a good guy.

I mean he did 4 TDs in this game and he was following another 4 TD game from Sunday. It’s in there. Just need to be consistent. 

• Pie 1