• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Give OLC Dave Magazu Some Credit

KatsAzz

I'll tell you what assistant I'm afraid of losing. Offensive line coach Dave Magazu ... Geoff Hangartner, Frank Omiyale,Jeremy Bridges, all considered quality backups were no longer with the Panthers entering OTAs. We retained all starters but every sports writer (and even Jordan Gross) was saying we were in deep trouble if anybody got hurt. What does Magazu give us when Gross got hurt/placed on IR? He produces a line that starts second year 7th round draft pick with 0 NFL regular season experience that opens the way for 155.57 rushing yards per game through 7 weeks and allows a sack once every 13.47 drop backs (which is along the lines of what the Eagles and Ravens have allowed). Then we lose Jeff Otah, and put in another second year 7th round draft choice (but this one was limited to the practice squad his rookie year). Then we proceed to rush for 183 yards per game and allow 1 sack every 15.2 drop-backs to close the season. I think Mr. Magazu deserves some credit.

I said the same thing after the season was over. I totally agree. Plus, two running backs at 1,100 for the first time ever. I was at the game against the Saints and was siked.

I was there and was psyched as well. I was drinking only hot chocolate at the game, what were you drinking??

jk...

I was there and was psyched as well. I was drinking only hot chocolate at the game, what were you drinking??

jk...

Ha...I didn't even want to say the word, had a mental blank...then I go and spell it wrong, what the eff is wrong with me.

Not to be gay, but I was actually drinking hot chocolate. It was cold. :P

Yes we are very thankful for our good offensive line and their coach.

It also seemed like when Gross and Otah went out the false starts went away.

Did anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

I didn't realize it but I think your right. Well at least all that money and those 1st round draft picks, is being put to good use.

He's gotten some credit here, but if people want to say he deserves more, I wouldn't argue.

I think we were the only few, along with Fireball, who were happy to see him bumped up to OLine coach when Screaming Napolean was let go. You're right though, more credit is never a bad thing with Magz! ;)

Archived