• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This did not age well

NAS

3 hours ago, ECHornet said:

Improved but not as good as his weapons on the Texans. The lack of separation, a byproduct of talent + scheme issues, would still be noticeable. 

I also assume the play calling would still protective of a rookie QB with our current staff. At 0-4, I hope they loosen the reigns. 

Yeah Reich “protecting” Bryce is akin to someone loving a bunny so much that they hug it to death. 

Gotta let the kid learn from mistakes. Taking away the opportunity for mistakes is making him look like a bust. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, DeAngelo Beason said:

If Bryce Young weren't trash this assessment would be accurate.  How soon we forget that Cam Newton won an mvp with his best WR being a cast-off who would be a #3 on any other team.

Yeah, and we would have had multiple superbowls if we ever gave him actual weapons.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

If Bryce Young weren't trash this assessment would be accurate.  How soon we forget that Cam Newton won an mvp with his best WR being a cast-off who would be a #3 on any other team.

tbh - Cam's offensive line at least gave him an opportunity to make plays.  I'd like to see what a rookie Bryce can do with at least a bit of protection.  Also - you can't really compare prime Cam to a rookie Bryce.  I have a feeling Bryce will be a much improved player by year end, and in 3 years will be a force to contend with if they can actually put him in a reasonable position to be successful.

9 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

When Cam was hot he could just put the entire offense on his back. Maybe more so  than any quarterback in the history of the NFL.

Bryce was never gonna be that. But we traded up like he was.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, thebdawg said:

I’m not crediting Houston’s offensive line for Stroud’s play, but they’ve genuinely held up better than our offensive line who might as well be made of 4 backups right now with how they’re playing. 

Stroud is playing great football. But let’s not pretend he would have 1200 yards in this offense. I don’t know if any quarterback would. 

I’d bet Andy would. 

49 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Bryce will be a great QB in this league but he is no Superman like Cam. No one is!!!

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

To be fair, a lot of people here claimed he didn't have great receivers at Alabama, but performed well. 

They were wrong as Bryce had Jameson who was a stud like Waddle but once he left for the draft, Bryce had to work with the decent receivers on the team and did a great job imo.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/alabama-wr-john-metchie-describes-how-bryce-young-helps-receivers-get-open/