• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you feel like Bryce Young's ceiling is, as of now?

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Young will get 2 years. I’m pretty confident in that. Fitt, Reich, or both could be fired during that period but it will probably be letting Evero or Brown be interim HC. 2025 will be the earliest we replace Young if we aren’t sold on him by then IMO. We should have a first again then as well if needed. 

Reich is getting 2 years and if that doesnt work I seriously doubt a new coach is going to want to roll with bryce.

24 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The post is referencing Drew Brees as a comparison. As previously stated, it took three years for Brees to resemble a competent starting QB - so his fourth whole year in the NFL. So yeah….huh.

If it takes 3/4 years to get young up to a point to being an average qb then we are in a world of hurt

• Beer 1

Just now, Eric4280 said:

I’m just so happy that “that” crowd gave him a whole 3 games before reverting back to the pre draft sentiment. Guess y’all were just full of crap when you said you’d “back our guy”.

He hasn't shown a single moment of elite potential while showcasing all of the pre-draft concerns at the same time.

Sure, he might still turn it around and become something, but he's earned every bit of criticism with his play so far.

I'm one of "that crowd" and I'll still support and root for him on Sundays, but I'm not going to lie about what I'm seeing out of him and what I think his potential ceiling may be.  Just because we said we would "back our guy" doesn't mean we believed he wouldn't be a bust, we were just hoping he wouldn't be once we drafted him.

Everything about him seemed so predictable before the draft, nothing in his tape showed any elite physical traits, how you trade away your future to take someone without that is still baffling to me.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

He hasn't shown a single moment of elite potential while showcasing all of the pre-draft concerns at the same time.

Sure, he might still turn it around and become something, but he's earned every bit of criticism with his play so far.

I'm one of "that crowd" and I'll still support and root for him on Sundays, but I'm not going to lie about what I'm seeing out of him and what I think his potential ceiling may be.  Just because we said we would "back our guy" doesn't mean we believed he wouldn't be a bust, we were just hoping he wouldn't be once we drafted him.

Everything about him seemed so predictable before the draft, nothing in his tape showed any elite physical traits, how you trade away your future to take someone without that is still baffling to me.

So the sample you’re working with is three games? That’s it, that’s all you’ve needed to see? There’s one clear, obvious issue on this team that isn’t being addressed but sure let’s just blame Bryce for not being able to uplift this pile of garbage, his first three games in.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

So the sample you’re working with is three games? That’s it, that’s all you’ve needed to see? There’s one clear, obvious issue on this team that isn’t being addressed but sure let’s just blame Bryce for not being able to uplift this pile of garbage, his first three games in.

Yes, because he looks THAT bad out there.

It's not like he's just making poor decisions or something that is easily fixed.

It's clear as day to anyone that has watched him that he just isn't fast enough to pull the same pocket "magic" that he did in college, he isn't strong enough to escape finger tip tackle attempts, and his arm just isn't "NFL strong enough" either.

Again, I was 100% sure he'd be a bust well before we made the trade, I never liked him as a prospect and he's been even worse in those areas of concern than I even imagined he would be.  It's not a 3 game sample size, it's everything he showed in college not translating to the NFL game, like I figured would be the case.

Still rooting for him because we're stuck with him, but I just don't see it with him and I'll always call it like I see it.  I take no joy in bashing him, I really wish he'd just make me look like a fool and prove me wrong, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Edited by tukafan21

12 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

It's not like he's just making poor decisions or something that is easily fixed.

It's clear as day to anyone that has watched him that he just isn't fast enough to pull the same pocket "magic" that he did in college, he isn't strong enough to escape finger tip tackle attempts, and his arm just isn't "NFL strong enough" either.

Again, I was 100% sure he'd be a bust well before we made the trade, I never liked him as a prospect and he's been even worse in those areas of concern than I even imagined he would be.  It's not a 3 game sample size, it's everything he showed in college not translating to the NFL game, like I figured would be the case.

Still rooting for him because we're stuck with him, but I just don't see it with him and I'll always call it like I see it.  I take no joy in bashing him, I really wish he'd just make me look like a fool and prove me wrong, but I'm not optimistic about that.

I won’t argue your sentiment of concern. I’m just on the side that he’s an in-confident player at the moment and this staff and system are doing him no favors. I’ll just remain hopeful as well.

14 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Baker looked like a disaster for us last year. I was surprised he landed a starting gig. 

Baker has the tools he's just kind a tool upstairs. Notice since he's been in Tampa he's also kept his head down and he isn't hocking tshirts with his mug on them anymore like he's arrived before he's even played. He's different and learned something apparently so hey good for him I guess.

People who go on and on about supporting your guy and it's only 3 games are acting as if this franchise has acquired a lengthy list of good to great QB's over the years. Sorry that isn't so. Only two in almost 30 years would qualify. The rest are either mediocre or just poo. With that track record people are going to call it like they see it until shown otherwise. Bryce Young can silence a lot of noise. I hope he does. Until that happens if he doesn't play well it's going to be talked about. That's sports. If someone can't handle that maybe go watch golf.

Edited by frankw

2 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The post is referencing Drew Brees as a comparison. As previously stated, it took three years for Brees to resemble a competent starting QB - so his fourth whole year in the NFL. So yeah….huh.

My man you get it!my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

• Pie 1