• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

5 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

CJ couldn't even outplay my Ridder at QB which is why he struggled to score against one of the worst secondary defense in the league. Bryce played better against a much tougher Lions defense. Bryce with no breakaway receivers yet managed to pass over 200 plus yards, more than your Goff, for those who are obsessed with passing yards.

http://nfldraftblitz.com/2023/01/04/the-quarterback-spy-bryce-young-alabama/

CJ and Bryce vs Atlanta. CJ was better. Stop. 

IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

At first CJ was leading those polls. But as soon as those test scores came out, lol. It flipped. Then when the Huddle found out it was going to be Bryce, you were not only a moron for still wanting CJ but you were dead wrong.

I feel like most wanted Stroud but were ok with Young. A few AR people as well. It wasn’t that close really. Everyone was excited when we traded up thinking it was Stroud.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said leading up to the draft that I was fine with Bryce, Stroud, or Richardson. I personally ranked them Richardson, Stroud, Bryce, but whatever. I had confidence in this staff to identify and develop the right one.

Well, fug 

Richardson got hurt and Stroud looked pretty pedestrian today

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like most wanted Stroud but were ok with Young. A few AR people as well. It wasn’t that close really. Everyone was excited when we traded up thinking it was Stroud.

I was a Bryce guy but IIRC, there were more Stroud guys than Bryce guys. 

The Richardson crowd was small and, quite frankly, sort of the bottom of the barrel posters.

• Pie 2

I am growing to dislike everything about how we built this offense more and more, especially when we originally had one first and twos seconds in a great draft and DJ Moore still in the building. But moving on, can’t change it, but Fitt is looking to be on the rocks. Big time.

Young wise—We’ve passed the point where we should waste time trying to find the good throws in a loss. He’s just not living up to the bill so far. You shouldn’t have to be rewatching highlights as a fan to try and find hope with a few good throws… for a guy we traded to #1 to get and gave up all of that. You should be making that trade for a truly coveted once in 3-5 year type talent.

We mortgaged so much and in doing so, put so much pressure on him and now that it’s not looking good. It’s a sinking ship. The staff is failing him but he’s doing the team absolutely no favors. Bad bad situation.

This could get ugly for Bryce by year’s  end (at the current trajectory) This stretch after Miami could be very telling when we play teams (not just the rookie QBs), but teams that were perceived to be in the rebuild cellar with us to start the year.

He’s consistently making mistakes. Not rookie mistakes, just mistakes that you can’t make. Reich’s planning has been awful, Fitt has way too many draft picks not shaking out. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I wanted AR and Stroud. I had no interest at all in BY. He was going to have to be the exception to every rule regarding NFL QBs and that's not a guy you trade away that amount of capital to get. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, ClawOn said:

Richardson got hurt and Stroud looked pretty pedestrian today

That’s what is nice about Stroud though. His “pedestrian” day didn’t hurt his team and in the clutch, fourth quarter, trailing, he drove his team down the field and threw a go ahead TD. Unfortunately for him Atlanta got the ball back and never let it go until the walk off field goal. But he’s a rookie QB who showed up during the biggest moment of the game and he hasn’t cost his team any games yet. 

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

At this point I am skeptical about Richardson even lasting until the end of this rookie deal.

Stroud though....that one might hurt for a while.

Yeah, Richardson's injuries are a massive concern. Especially considering how he's going to have to play to be elite. He's gotta basically play like Cam 2.0. That's an impossible row to hoe if you're fragile.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I was a Bryce guy but IIRC, there were more Stroud guys than Bryce guys. 

The Richardson crowd was small and, quite frankly, sort of the bottom of the barrel posters.

I was an AR guy. I always thought he had the lowest floor and highest ceiling if he could get the right coaching and system. Steichen was probably the best HC he could have gotten. I also don't think he was worth moving up to get. He was a project pick. At 9, that's a good pick. Trading up to get him, no. The only pick worth trading up to get was CJ. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I was (still am) on the AR train. The changes my tune to I would be ok with all three…

• Pie 1