• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug it.....I was wrong.

rayzor

Am I a bad fan because I am looking forward to the skull-fugging we are about to receive at the hands of the Miami Dolphins?

It is going to be glorious.  And I don't say that because I don't love the Panthers.  But maybe it will be the wake-up call this organization needs.  It is certainly the one we deserve.  I could have seen (and maybe even accepted) this season going poorly, but THIS bad?  Yeah, this team needs to get slapped.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why is it that the fans who are trying to remain hopeful are so bothered by the frustrated fans? 

If it's not working for you, no one is forcing you to hang around. I'm not judging you for your optimism. But the optimistic sure do seem to be getting increasingly judgemental.

I don't know, you'll have to ask them. I held out hope longer than most here, but I'll be honest, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. That doesn't change, though, the issue that some on here are being very annoying with their negativity. It's possible to right and annoying at the same time.

I think also that sometimes nuanced takes that aren't 100% burn everything down get taken as though they're in full support of what's currently happening, and that is very frustrating.

36 minutes ago, Mage said:

Am I a bad fan because I am looking forward to the skull-fugging we are about to receive at the hands of the Miami Dolphins?

It is going to be glorious.  And I don't say that because I don't love the Panthers.  But maybe it will be the wake-up call this organization needs.  It is certainly the one we deserve.  I could have seen (and maybe even accepted) this season going poorly, but THIS bad?  Yeah, this team needs to get slapped.

Abc Zac GIF by The Bachelorette

14 hours ago, amcoolio said:

No, he definitely attacked and belittled posters for not liking the Reich hire

Same with Fitterer. I think, unfortunately, some folks, including him, were so anti-Rhule that he didn’t like questioning the current amazing staff. Rhule became such a boogeyman to some even thought he’d already been fired. We got into heated discussions about Fitterer as I thought he should have gone with Rhule.

2 hours ago, travisura said:

Because this place is just becoming a clusterfck of miserable people all saying "I told you so" to the folks who allowed themselves yce have hope during the offseason. 

They probably just need to have an I-told-you-so about Bryce Young thread. Me? I still haven't given up on Bryce. 

Just like they can bump their chests about something that has yet TBD, there are those of us who tried to tell people that they needed to set realistic expectations for the team this season. I don't care who we drafted, we weren't going to the playoffs because everything was just too new and unsettled. Rookie QBs, unless they're Brock Purdy with a well-coached and established team, don't lead their teams to the playoffs. We were a bad team in a very weak division (and still are a bad team in many respects). But, we were really supposed to be bad if you look at teams with a rookie QB in an historical context. For the life of me, I still don't know why people thought we were going to thrive this year. It was and is about developing schemes, defining a culture, and showing incremental progress. We have arguably failed so far, but assuming that we lose against Miami, we'll still have about two-thirds of the season to get better. 

Edited by top dawg

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then what exactly do you mean?

It just seems like the people wanting to remain hopeful have simply redirected their ire at the fans who are disgusted with what they're seeing 

Maybe we just need a subforum for everyone that wants to be sunshine and rainbows even if the team is in complete disarray.

• The D 1

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

Just curious: Why don't people use the word "screw" any more? You know, like "Screw it."

And also "crap." Like "that was a bunch of crap." I don't think I'll ever get used to grown men using the word "poo."

It's an auto filter on the board. Fùck and Shìt are automatically changed to fug and poo. It's been that way for a long time. Probably not really needed anymore but people have gotten used to it.