• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calling it - the Bryce Young trade is the worst in team history

TN05

6 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Word is that Williams will stay in school if certain teams have the first overall pick. I’ve also heard rumors about Maye returning as well, both are in a financial situation where they could do so… 

Where have you heard rumors about Maye? I’ve seen the speculation about Williams. 

im not arguing with you about Maye I would just like to see where you got this info. Guys have more leverage now about coming back to school because of NIL. If they don’t want to play for the cards or Raiders - they can probably get a big chunk of money to return, dominate and see where the draft order lines up next season. 

15 hours ago, Shocker said:

He is struggling but still not giving up on guy after 4 games.  That is actually the stupidest thing I ever heard

I don't even know if "struggling" is the right word. He's just made a few mistakes like every other quarterback in the league. Hell, Kirk Cousins threw an AWFUL pick six against us at home and another bozo interception as an elite veteran quarterback. These dumb asses have no faith and no patience, and have probably never played a down of football in their lives. Call themselves fans, but won't even support their franchise quarterback who has only had 4 starts, w/ actually decent results. NO, its nothing to brag about but sure is hell doesn't warrant throwing in the towel on a guy with such promise

This is a bad trade but not because Bryce isn’t the #1 pick it’s because we’re not a QB away from the playoffs like we were told.  We’re not the 49ers who truly were and could still muster competitive season even when their trade up for Trey Lance was a total bust.

Bryce Young will not bust but it was stupid to trade away his #1 receiver and next year’s first when it’s going to be another top 5 pick. That’s why it’s a bad trade and it would be a bad trade even if  Stroud was the pick. Stroud in this offense may have mustered a 1-4 record instead of 0-6. 

• Pie 1

We could be 2-3 with Andy Dalton and another year where we win 7-8 games and gotten a draft pick for next year in the 10 to 12 range.  

I'm glad we took our shot with Bryce and still see him as a possible franchise QB.  Mostly because it's been 4 games and we just don't know yet.  Anyone saying that they know or knew he's be a bust is just guessing.  

We are not losing out on Calab Williams or another top QB because if we'd staying the course with another average QB we would not be going through the growing pains now and thus would not have the top 1 or 2 picks if we do end up with a horrible record at the end of the season.

We tried a dozen different ways to get a franchise QB and struck out on all of them.  This time we are trying something different and that is trading up for a rookie QB with potential and building around him.

I 100% agree with those decisions compared to the alternative that we've been doing for the last 5 years.

If Calab was available this year the Bears would have not traded the pick or asked and probably gotten twice as much.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

There is no guarantee that Caleb will be a good NFL QB.  A lot of great college QB's have failed in the NFL while lesser-known guys became starters.  Jordan Love.  Brock Purdy.  Demond Ridder.  Etc.  

Caleb Williams is about as sure a thing as you get for QB prospects these days.

He’s right there with Luck and Lawrence in terms of best prospects in the last 20 years, his bare minimum floor is an above average NFL QB.  Bryce’s floor even pre-draft was out of the league before his second contract with his size concerns.

19 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Word is that Williams will stay in school if certain teams have the first overall pick. I’ve also heard rumors about Maye returning as well, both are in a financial situation where they could do so… 

Even with the NIL situation now, I don’t see any QB turning down the NFL if they’re projected a Top 2 pick.

They may try and pull an Eli and force a trade, but I can’t see anyone else doing a Luck and going back to school.  At least not counting Shedeur, different situation with him playing for his dad and having just got to Colorado this year.  Plus I believe Deion when he says his son isn’t going to the draft to be the 2nd pick, I think they’d rather risk waiting a year so he has a shot at being the #1 overall pick.

Sure the NIL money is nice, but it’s still much less money than they’d make on their signing bonus and one more year until they’re able to sign a mega 2nd contract if they pan out.

21 hours ago, SteveSmithGaveMeAShiner said:

The Hutchinson pick is an inexcusable mistake for a guy whose defining feature was supposedly elite processing.

The Hutchinson pick literally made #1 on SportsCenter top 10. Because it was an incredible play. Not because it was a terrible mistake.

Bryce didn’t think the 6’7 270 lb defensive end would read the screen, jump in front of the pass and catch it with one hand and no gloves. 

4 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Caleb Williams is about as sure a thing as you get for QB prospects these days.

I really don't think this narrative is accurate. The guy hold the ball forever and the NFL is more and more becoming a league about getting the ball out as fast as possible. If Caleb can't speed up his processing I don't think he's going to translate.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Where have you heard rumors about Maye? I’ve seen the speculation about Williams. 

im not arguing with you about Maye I would just like to see where you got this info. Guys have more leverage now about coming back to school because of NIL. If they don’t want to play for the cards or Raiders - they can probably get a big chunk of money to return, dominate and see where the draft order lines up next season. 

Straight from his mouth. He's said it. Now with that said, everyone in and around the program assumes he's gone.