• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Offense Sucks but....

chknwing

We got sold a lot of wonderful hope this off season.  Got to hand it to the NFL and their ability to sell hope like a drug, lol.

Now that we are crashing back down to reality - the Panthers have very little depth.  We are bringing guys off the street weekly it seems to fill holes.  I know every team deals with injuries, but our Defense has been hammered.

They are doing the best they can, but again, we aren't playing complementary football.  The offense makes it as hard as possible for the defense to stay competitive.  Our defense can make a good stand: then turnover or 3 and out.  That's demoralizing when it keeps happening.

Honestly, the offense needs to play better.  The coaches need to coach better.  Despite all the signals this was a retool - this is a rebuild.  We weren't one QB away, and our QB is not playing as well as we'd hoped (cue all the Stroud fans to chime in).  Hope in one hand, piss in the other, see which fills up first.

I keep hearing that we have a lot of smart football folks in the building - and they need to show it.  I know there were going to be some adjustment and growing pains, but we're getting to the mid point of the season soon.  Time to put on the big boy pants or get that resume on indeed ready.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

We saw in the preseason how void of backup talent we are here.  Those  guys playing significant time just kills our chances of being competitive 

And people in here got upset when I said our depth sucks. We’re seeing it on the OL and on D. We’ve traded away so many picks it’s ridiculous and none of those trades have worked out. We lost so many vets after 2019 and our drafts/trades left us razor thin. Wilks got a bit lucky health wise last year. The only injuries we had were Horn, which cost us the Tampa loss, and Corbett/BC the last week. We haven’t been as lucky this year so our terrible GMing has a huge spotlight on it now.

We weren’t a QB away so that trade was likely the wrong move. Take Jalen Carter, take a TE like La Porta (small trade up) or Musgrave with the Rams 2nd, keep CMC and Moore and trade Burns last year so you have 2 extra firsts. I don’t think we’d have the top pick anymore with say Dalton, but we’d have 2 1sts in 2024 and 2 1sts in 2025. I would have let Fitterer go last year so maybe we’d have one of the good young coordinators as a coach instead and a competent GM.

• Pie 1

Injuries have killed this team. Unfortunately for a rookie QB the 2 best things you can have is a strong OL (3 starters currently out, 2 for the year) and a strong D to keep you in games (what... 4 starters out now?). The next best thing to have is a good HC and well... you know all about that already. 

The only thing we can really do is let Bryce figure out what he likes/doesn't like and get ready for next year and get healthy. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

Healthy, this team was seven win team at best, that would also include a decent quarterback, which is sitting the bench. With injuries We are most certainly a zero to one win team.

I agree that injuries are a big part of this, however it is also the GMs job to find depth in case of injuries, and our depth is not good right now.