• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The State of the Panthers

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, frankw said:

He's a bad GM.

To even argue he isn't is ridiculous beyond words after some of the messes that Marty Hurney has overseen in years past. This gives those a run for their money if not actually being significantly worse considering what we have mortgaged and traded to get to this point.

It would be one thing to be patient about new guys, but half of his 2022 draft class is already off the team.  That is a very bad sign.  And two of those picks took 4 picks to get.  That's right, 8 picks used to wind up with only 3 guys currently on the roster in less than 2 seasons.  

And the two trade ups (Corral and Smith) are the ones that were cut.  That's just wild to have that much focus to trade up for a specific guy and he flat out doesn't make it more than 1 full season rostered.

Fitterer seems to be a knowledgeable guy, pretty even keel, knows who he is and how he likes to operate, but he's just not picking the right guys or making the right moves.  

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 7

The state of the Panthers has been a steady decline since tepper bought... every year is worse than the last.. I can't even offer a fix to this because it is such a cluster merv...0-17 is incoming and I hope that will be rock bottom...with what we have been conditioned with and if you are an optimist ...maybe start of 2027 we will turn the corner. teppers has brought us to perennial losers...its hard to shake that moniker. I think he has different intentions for this team than we have....hes a money man. We are an embarrassment under his leadership... we have minimal or no talent...no draft prospects.... tepper has built a loser... thats his only accomplishment.

Edited by Johnstonny

If we did actually switch to more of a zone blocking scheme... why? All this talk about making the scheme work for the players and yet, we change the one thing that was working, a component that would make a rookie QB's job a lot easier.

Fitterer has been a disappointment but I ultimately can't say whether prior decisions (or even current ones) have been influenced by other people that don't know what they're doing (Rhule/Tepper). I almost don't want it to be the latter because that would end up being a fundamental problem that can't be solved by the next hire. 

Defensively, injuries have not helped at all but the run defense is a liability that can no longer be ignored. 

Overall, disappointed that for all the supposed intelligent staff we brought in, we have not played intelligent football. Too many mistakes on the field and on the sidelines. Simply cannot continue.

How to fix it? I certainly don't have all the answers but when we decided to give up all that draft capital for the #1 pick, we made our bed with what we have now for at least this season and likely the next one as well. Maybe the only thing everyone can agree on is that if Tepper is influencing any football decisions out there, that has to stop now. He has been the one constant through all of this.

Welcome back Mr Scot. Very good post but I disagree with having patience. This team told us plug in a qb and we can go after the divison. That isn’t true and we are poo. We had patience with Rhule, Tep sent out that stupid letter telling us to be patient and nothing happened but crap. No improvement. Can we afford to be patient? 

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Tepper would NEVER hire a coach like Harbaugh. Tepper wants a coach that has the same mindset as him. Harbaugh wouldn't put up with Tepper's sh*t.

Yea...prolly. But Harbaugh has more football knowledge in his little finger tip than both teppers combined... daves problem is he doesn't know what he doesn't know... so keep doing sht wrong.

12 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

Yea...prolly. But Harbaugh has more football knowledge in his little finger tip than both teppers combined... daves problem is he doesn't know what he doesn't know... so keep doing sht wrong.

I agree brotha. Until Tepper stops meddling with football decisions (which he won't, too much ego) we won't sniff another winning season for a long time.