• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A host on Lions flagship radio proposes Williams + first for Burns

top dawg

8 hours ago, pantherj said:

Here is what fans were saying the first time around with the Burns Rams deal. It's a pretty funny thread.

God that hurts right now. We could have gotten a solid TE with pick 36 or even traded up to try and get Kincaid or LaPorta who went just before.

I love where it mentions we have multiple offers for DJ and Burns but weren’t trading either. SMH, could have come away with 3 firsts and pick 36 in the past draft. Instead DJ is a throw in so we only owe a 2025 2nd instead of a 1st and we can’t really add many weapons due to key draft pick deficits.

57 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

God that hurts right now. We could have gotten a solid TE with pick 36 or even traded up to try and get Kincaid or LaPorta who went just before.

I love where it mentions we have multiple offers for DJ and Burns but weren’t trading either. SMH, could have come away with 3 firsts and pick 36 in the past draft. Instead DJ is a throw in so we only owe a 2025 2nd instead of a 1st and we can’t really add many weapons due to key draft pick deficits.

Yeah it's a good reminder that we didn't get here by accident. We were mismanaged right down to the rock bottom on the NFL. Fitt's mistakes put us here.

41 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yeah it's a good reminder that we didn't get here by accident. We were mismanaged right down to the rock bottom on the NFL. Fitt's mistakes put us here.

Yep. Most rebuilding teams* will trade away expensive vets for draft picks, won’t make FA signings that lose you a 3rd and 5th compensation and don’t try to win so they can get the marquee talent including elite QBs. We wasted 3 years trying to compete and are at a pick deficit still and have been for multiple years such that we have a shell of a team around a rookie QB and pissed away what’s likely our best draft position since Cam.

* To the folks who are still in denial on that, we lost Cam, Luke, Bradberry, Olsen and a bunch more going into the 2020 season. We had a huge talent drain and Marty 2.0 did not have good drafts in 2018-2020. We were absolutely rebuilding as Tepper’s be patient letter to PSL owners said.

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

I know the Patriots have been pretty bad at drafting but I’ve always appreciated how BB has traded his players before contract issues seem to arise. Just nip it in the bud! Especially for tons of picks. 

Brady erased a lot of the bad decisions. BB’s one draft plus is that he did find a bunch of good OL and D (secondary, DL and LB). I think he probably drafted better than most think at less visible positions. NE’s secondary has had pro-bowl caliber guys every year since Brady was a rookie.

He did seem good at getting good FAs like Moss and Welker for peanuts. As you said he was also very good about getting rid of guys who were in line for huge paydays so he could keep the his core guys.

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Only to select a pass rusher to replace him.lmao

If we trade Burns we need more than a 1st. We would be selling low, but then again this is Tepper and selling low on Burns wouldn't shock me.

Its better than letting him walk for nothing which is probably going to be what happens.  Its also better than paying him Bosa money.

2 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Williams, when he has played has looked like a first round WR. He’s had like 3 incredible TDS called back for penalties. His career has been weird but the talent is actually there. If we could get another 1st I don’t see how you don’t pull the trigger 

He is scared of contact…do not want

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He is scared of contact…do not want

So is Devonta Smith. A few weeks ago he was “Mic’d up” and his entire segment was him joking about not wanting to block anybody, or participate in the “tush push” because if his small frame. He is still a dog and worth a 1st round pick. Most WRs don’t particularly enjoy contact. Steve Smith is an incredible exception to the rule.

4 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

So is Devonta Smith. A few weeks ago he was “Mic’d up” and his entire segment was him joking about not wanting to block anybody, or participate in the “tush push” because if his small frame. He is still a dog and worth a 1st round pick. Most WRs don’t particularly enjoy contact. Steve Smith is an incredible exception to the rule.

Not trying to be a jerk but Burns is a pro bowl DE and Williams hasn’t done anything 

Maybe the Jags would do Travon Walker and a 1st? Walker hasn’t exactly lived up to what they thought he’d be but he was raw when they drafted him

Jags trying to win now while Lawrence on a rookie deal for this year and the next 2 with 5th year option 

We hope Walker develops and his contract situation lines up more with when we may be competitive again

Edited by *FreeFua*

People willing to trade Burns for a 1st only to try and replace him.

If this isn't a Panthers move I don't know what else is. The sad part it's likely to happen. We will trade Burns to a contender for a 1st and Burns will go on and play a huge role for said contender and likely play in the SB.

I'm here for it.