• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

9 hours ago, Waldo said:

I really dislike Tepper but is he also forcing the playcalling?

Also sounds like Frank signed up for the same thing he was running from in Indy? That is freaking crazy to me.

All of this reaks but I love that they are already getting away from the BS they were selling about what went down and getting to how this all went so sideways. This isn't going to drag out over years at this rate, not as the worst team and no #1 pick. Tepper will always be Tepper but he looks set up to take a beating publicly now and if at the end he let's people do their job then it is beyond worth all the BS.

We're hearing a lot of talk here about the Bryce pick and rightfully so. But I've got to also look at this team and say it's not just one guy who isn't working out out there on the field. This is a lifeless, directionless team that really can't get it together. There's no grit, no endurance.

But maybe that's what years of Tepper running the show have done to us. Just ground us down.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We're hearing a lot of talk here about the Bryce pick and rightfully so. But I've got to also look at this team and say it's not just one guy who isn't working out out there on the field. This is a lifeless, directionless team that really can't get it together. There's no grit, no endurance.

But maybe that's what years of Tepper running the show have done to us. Just ground us down.

The last part. How much is he micromanaging? IDK but it looks bad and eerily similar to the Rhule times even with better coaching. It's not just one guy but that was a giant move and the easist thing to zoom in on and evaluate. He sounds worse than feared.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

when did the narrative switch to Tepper forced the Young pick....seemned liked all summer the entire org wanted him

There was information out there early that Tepper wanted Young, while Frank wanted Stroud.

when your boss tells you to do something you do it. That’s how the whole organization got behind young.

I don’t think Tepper is forcing certain free agent acquisitions , I don’t think Tepper is choosing who is in the game and who is in the bench, I don’t think Tepper is calling plays, and I don’t think Tepper is lining up and not executing. 

Im not a fan of Tepper at all and he certainly deserves some blame for the state of the organization but ultimately the product on the field is a result of the players and coaches. It’s sports. You can know exactly what the other team is doing but if they execute it better they still pick up the first down or score. 

Tepper isn’t out here throwing pick 6s or getting strip sacked from the QBs right hand side. Tepper isn’t coaching or calling plays to not throw the ball downfield. 

You can dislike Tepper, I do, but we absolutely should not use him as the scapegoat for what happens once kickoff begins. The coaches and players aren’t executing and making adjustments. Even the worse teams in football find a way to win games here and there. Because they executed that week and made adjustments throughout the game. 

Our coaching staff hasn’t lived up to the hype and almost all of our players are having down years. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

The whole idea that Tepper mandated it and the entire staff tucked tail and did his bidding is just flat out flawed.

Maybe if you're the Jr Associate Grounds Keeper and you get told to paint the sidelines orange "because the boss said to" you just do it, but people close to the top of any organization are not there because they are "Yes Men".  They are there because they know what they are doing and they have the backbone to challenge and push the owner/CEO/President.

Id be hard pressed to believe that anyone outside of Scott & Frank had the final say.  Tepper may well have strongly voiced an opinion but Scott & Frank made the decision.  Now if they are weak enough that they knuckled under and went against their best judgement to please the boss, that's a failure of them and an entirely different problem.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

The whole idea that Tepper mandated it and the entire staff tucked tail and did his bidding is just flat out flawed.

Maybe if you're the Jr Associate Grounds Keeper and you get told to paint the sidelines orange "because the boss said to" you just do it, but people close to the top of any organization are not there because they are "Yes Men".  They are there because they know what they are doing and they have the backbone to challenge and push the owner/CEO/President.

Id be hard pressed to believe that anyone outside of Scott & Frank had the final say.  Tepper may well have strongly voiced an opinion but Scott & Frank made the decision.  Now if they are weak enough that they knuckled under and went against their best judgement to please the boss, that's a failure of them and an entirely different problem.

thats nice honey

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY5AHstumiC_XKJkIuKyA

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I can honestly say in roughly 30 years of employment I have never gotten a hug from any of my bosses wife. 

But alas you completely miss the point..........

That's um...  sad

But your career aside what exactly do you think a picture of Nichole hugging Bryce proves beyond that she is a hugger?

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I don’t think Tepper is forcing certain free agent acquisitions , I don’t think Tepper is choosing who is in the game and who is in the bench, I don’t think Tepper is calling plays, and I don’t think Tepper is lining up and not executing. 

Im not a fan of Tepper at all and he certainly deserves some blame for the state of the organization but ultimately the product on the field is a result of the players and coaches. It’s sports. You can know exactly what the other team is doing but if they execute it better they still pick up the first down or score. 

Tepper isn’t out here throwing pick 6s or getting strip sacked from the QBs right hand side. Tepper isn’t coaching or calling plays to not throw the ball downfield. 

You can dislike Tepper, I do, but we absolutely should not use him as the scapegoat for what happens once kickoff begins. The coaches and players aren’t executing and making adjustments. Even the worse teams in football find a way to win games here and there. Because they executed that week and made adjustments throughout the game. 

Our coaching staff hasn’t lived up to the hype and almost all of our players are having down years. 

He hired the GM and coach. And he's not responsible?

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Hard to do when you don’t get to select the groceries. I’m no fan of Reich, but I can’t imagine being pressured to take any player I don’t want. I was in management for 20 years and I can tell you if my boss told me who to hire I’d have a huge problem with it.  It makes for a $hitty atmosphere.