• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First 1/3 of this article is pretty telling

Knaakedup

This guy speaks of Anthony Richardson as if Cam Newton never existed.

Also, I don’t recall hearing that the playbook was Browns, just that it was a collaborative effort.  Even so, Reich’s sequence of plays is more of a problem than the play designs, on top of the abysmal game management.  

Promote Brown to play call duties before you decide to can the guy…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Brown wrote most of the playbook. I’m not sure if the ‘answer is on the roster’.

It's one thing to write the playbook. It's another to be the one using it. Think of it like an artist who draws an out line then hands it to someone else to interpret and color. Guarantee you its not going to look the same as what the original artist intended. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

I don’t think it matters much who is calling plays. Brown wrote the playbook. This is his system too.

Remember, Brown was coaching RBs the past few years. This is his first go at OC in the NFL. 

IMO, Brown will be the first to get the boot. Frank will get another year with the ultimatum to find a better OC with a better offensive plan.

Maybe I’m just trying to find any glimmer of hope here, but I could’ve sworn out offense seemed to come to life during preseason when Brown was running it. Am I wrong here? 

1 hour ago, joemac said:

When he said they had a call that could go to Theilen and only him, and he wasn’t even in the game, he absolutely told on himself. This offense is stuck in the past. It’s Kanye the least innovative, least “dictating to the defense” offense that I’ve ever seen us run. It’s just slow and dated and boring. If Young was in Houston he’d be lighting it up like Stroud and if Stroud were here he’d seem stuck in the mud like Young. Reich has GOT to give up supreme control over the offense. 

There’s a part in that article talking about how things have evolved from plays that are only created for one person, which made me immediately thing of the Thielen situation.

He announced to the world how outdated he is when he made that statement. 

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

I'm just wondering why Tepper, Fitterer and company ever thought that Reich was some type of offensive play calling guru. Fitterer and Morgan have seen enough football to know that Reich ain't the business. Someone had to lead Tepper down the wrong path. Simplistic schemes just aren't going to fool anybody in the modern NFL. 

Reich get's undeserved credit for making Wentz look good.

I've been calling for Reich's firing since week 2. The offense is horrendous, and a huge step back from Ben McAdoo of all people (and Joe Brady). It's unfair to pen such a predictable, ancient offense on Bryce and the players. "But Andy Dalton" that was in spite of Seattle's putrid defense and also playing prevent in the 4th

13 hours ago, countryboi said:

naw fam, most coaches aint going to turn down a head coaching job, no matter the reputation of the owner. its only 32 in the world and its possible you will never been this hot again. 

? Ben Johnson completely declined to interview. Josh McDaniels in the past comes to mind as well. It happens.