• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear "hope brigade"...

LinvilleGorge

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get that, I really do, but brother I am here to tell you I have watched the nfl for decades and Young is simply not a nfl qb.  What does he do well that separates him?  He isnt athletic and he cannot scramble when the play collapses. 

Am I calling him a bust, nah, not even sure what criteria you would even use but I am saying he doesnt have "it" to be a to 15 nfl qb and my man we gave up a lot for that

How can you say he isn't an NFL qb, argue he doesn't seem like he ever will be, and also say he isn't a bust?  Is your stance that he's probably gonna be a bust but it's still too early?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ill ask those dudes again, after 6 games what is bryces super skill?  What does he do well?

Apparently he's a super computer?  I dunno man tbh.  I think we've seen some good plays and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a servicable to good starter.

But I think what we gave up we would expect more than that...

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hes not fast - fact

hes arm is not top 20 nfl qb strong - fact

he struggles with the deep ball - fact

he struggles throwing outs  - fact

Not sure what the young guys are still clinging to at this point

Superprocessor IQ test or something

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

How can you say he isn't an NFL qb, argue he doesn't seem like he ever will be, and also say he isn't a bust?  Is your stance that he's probably gonna be a bust but it's still too early?

saying he is a bust is pretty vague.  Do I think he will ever play up to what we gave for him?  Hell no.  Will he eventually win games here or somewhere else, sure, under the right circumstances he can be an efficient qb.  Can he be elite, hell no

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

saying he is a bust is pretty vague.  Do I think he will ever play up to what we gave for him?  Hell no.  Will he eventually win games here or somewhere else, sure, under the right circumstances he can be an efficient qb.  Can he be elite, hell no

That's fair. I suppose I'd say a #1 pick that never cracks the top half of starters for the team drafting him is a bust.  Maybe just my opinion tho.

My post came off a bit aggressive and wasn't meant to.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

That's fair. I suppose I'd say a #1 pick that never cracks the top half of starters for the team drafting him is a bust.  Maybe just my opinion tho.

My post came off a bit aggressive and wasn't meant to.

you good bro I know where you were coming from

But like you I seriously doubt he ever cracks the top 15ish of nfl qbs

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We’re most likely going to give up TWO 1st overall picks for him. 

Not the kind of value anyone hoped for.

This is what it boils down to. We drafted him first AND gave up the #1 pick AND gave up our only offensive weapon for a guy that doesn’t look materially better than teddy bridgewater. I don’t want to him to fail, but I’m furious we accepted this deal because nothing I’ve seen indicates he’ll wind up as above-average, and watching this offense is downright infuriating.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Every QB has some sort of limitation. Some more than others. It’s the coaches job to design an offense based on their personnel. 

Or recognize it ahead of time and not draft that guy at all. But since thats in the past,  they must get a backup in the future who doesn't have the same limitations.