• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Mother F-ing Thielen

tukafan21

He's plenty capable. I don't think our weapons are as bad some people have suggested. With the right coaching better playcalling and consistent QB play we shouldn't be getting blown off the field. No excuse for the only touchdown in one half of football to come from the defense.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

In all the hate on here today, I thought it was only right that we need to recognize the one player on our team who is playing like a legitimate star right now, none other than Mr Adam Thielen

T-3rd in receptions

9th in yards

T-4th in TDs

3rd in 1st Downs

He's not an outside #1 anymore at this point in his career, but he's such a savvy vet and great route runner that he's constantly getting open and essentially forcing Bryce to keep throwing him the ball with how often he's getting open for him.  It's another reason we so badly need a true outside #1 though, as Thielen's targets wouldn't go down that much with how often he gets open, so adding a #1 could help unlock the offense and in turn, hopefully Bryce.

If he can stay healthy, with his route running, there is no reason he can't be a successful slot in this league for another 3-5 years.  He's could very well be the type of guy who plays like Larry Fitzgerald, into his late 30's and at the end of his career just be a solid 3rd down safety valve for the QB because he just knows how to get open on short yard routes.  That's why they gave him the contract they did, it's because they saw this out of him and knew he would be a perfect fit for a QB like Bryce.

bUt cJ hAs MoRe WeApOnS

39 minutes ago, NAS said:

He's a great slot receiver, not supposed to be leading our team in receiving yards or receptions.  We obviously do not have no #1 WR or even #2 WR.  

This goes back to Scott and the rest of the FO. We've picked receivers in the 2nd round in 2021 and 2023 and so far we literally have nothing to show for it. If one of those guys was even a legit #2 our offense would be significantly better. I don't see how a GM could go into either one of those drafts and say that TMJ and Mingo were the best players on board (or even the best at their positions) when it was time to turn in the draft card. 

There is a reason I'm not that upset about not taking the two #1's for Brian Burns that the Rams supposedly offered last year. I have no faith in the FO to pick the right player.

• Pie 2

Just now, SCO96 said:

This goes back to Scott and the rest of the FO. We've picked receivers in the 2nd round in 2021 and 2023 and so far we literally have nothing to show for it. If one of those guys was even a legit #2 our offense would be significantly better. I don't see how a GM could go into either one of those drafts and say that TMJ and Mingo were the best players on board (or even the best at their positions) when it was time to turn in the draft card. 

There is a reason I'm not that upset about not taking the two #1's for Brian Burns that the Rams supposedly offered last year. I have no faith in the FO to pick the right player.

I'd have a lot more faith in them picking the right players in the 1st round, but Fitterer has been even worse than Hurney after round 1.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd have a lot more faith in them picking the right players in the 1st round, but Fitterer has been even worse than Hurney after round 1.

Not trying to to start anything, but let's take a look at our 1st round picks since 2020.

2020 Derrick Brown

2021 Jayce Horn

2022 Ikem Ekwonu

2023 Bryce Young

I hated the Brown pick. Good...not great player. If you pick a DT at #6 in the draft he needs to be dominant. He's never really taken over a game. His presence on the field does not  make the players around him significantly better. I do think he would be more impactful if he had more talent around him on the D-line.

Horn is a great talent...can't stay healthy. No value to us if he's never on the field. We could have had Micah Parsons or a different CB (Patrick Surtain)

OK rookie season. Ekwonu has regressed in 2023. He could still turn it around. A lot of us believe he could possibly be an All-Pro talent at guard.

Bryce is going to get better. But, he's going to have a limited impact if he can't push the ball downfield. If he had a do-over, I don't think any of us would choose him over Stroud or Richardson. 

So, if we had extra choices, I'd still be skeptical if the current FO were making the picks. We're missing on top 10-15 picks. You can't do that if you're trying to rebuild a team.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

He's a great slot receiver, not supposed to be leading our team in receiving yards or receptions.  We obviously do not have no #1 WR or even #2 WR.  

In a perfect world we would have a 1 and 2 WR that can stretch the field, win contested catches and pile up YAC.  Then Adam work the middle and be a clutch chain mover and sneaky dagger.  This is far from a perfect world so.. here we are using the slot as our primary target. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

In a perfect world we would have a 1 and 2 WR that can stretch the field, win contested catches and pile up YAC.  Then Adam work the middle and be a clutch chain mover and sneaky dagger.  This is far from a perfect world so.. here we are using the slot as our primary target. 

Add a pass catching threat at TE to your scenario and we’d really be in business!

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

Not trying to to start anything, but let's take a look at our 1st round picks since 2020.

2020 Derrick Brown

2021 Jayce Horn

2022 Ikem Ekwonu

2023 Bryce Young

I hated the Brown pick. Good...not great player. If you pick a DT at #6 in the draft he needs to be dominant. He's never really taken over a game. His presence on the field does not  make the players around him significantly better. I do think he would be more impactful if he had more talent around him on the D-line.

Horn is a great talent...can't stay healthy. No value to us if he's never on the field. We could have had Micah Parsons or a different CB (Patrick Surtain)

OK rookie season. Ekwonu has regressed in 2023. He could still turn it around. A lot of us believe he could possibly be an All-Pro talent at guard.

Bryce is going to get better. But, he's going to have a limited impact if he can't push the ball downfield. If he had a do-over, I don't think any of us would choose him over Stroud or Richardson. 

So, if we had extra choices, I'd still be skeptical if the current FO were making the picks. We're missing on top 10-15 picks. You can't do that if you're trying to rebuild a team.

Put Brown beside another wrecking ball like Jordan Davis, Sexy Dexy Lawrence  or Jalen Carter you got a wall that defends and attacks. I also wanted Micah. I was unaware exactly how disruptive he could be but thought in that draft he would fill the Luke void. The draft strategies for years have been head scratchers. I wanted Tristan Wirfs too and have vainly wanted us to address the interior oline  with a premium player like Creed Humphrey, Landon Dickerson, Jackson Carman, etc. Every year I've pounded the drum to build the oline and Defense them bring in a QB. We got lucky with Luvu and the Bozeman signing cause we have ignored oline and linebackers during the draft. Instead we kept drafting corners. Pressure causes coverage sacks.  A soild oline helps QB and running game. You can find overlooked RB, WR and yes even QB's later in the draft.  It's gonna take years to build this because of the decisions made recently. 

• Beer 1