• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Play Caller rankings after week 6

Varking

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's wild to me that Daboll's Giants are worse. What a fall from grace.

Did you catch their game this weekend? A run with 14 seconds from two yards out with no timeouts right before half. Barkley came up short and time expired and they came up empty. Same situation at the end of the game. They ran a passing play where only one man ran a route. Waller basically ran a vertical pattern (from the 1 yard line) and all other eligible receivers basically just stood there. It was utterly bizarre. I get making your 6'7" TE your #1 option in that situation but you're gonna run a double or die play that is going to win or lose this game with only one option? C'mon man...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did you catch their game this weekend? A run with 14 seconds from two yards out with no timeouts right before half. Barkley came up short and time expired and they came up empty. Same situation at the end of the game. They ran a passing play where only one man ran a route. Waller basically ran a vertical pattern (from the 1 yard line) and all other eligible receivers basically just stood there. It was utterly bizarre.

It can be a strange league. You either adapt with it year to year or you are left behind. Some of it is just plain good or bad luck too. Look at what happened with Doug Pedersen even after winning a Super Bowl.

As much as I think Frank Reich is a dinosaur and needs to leave I am under no illusions that even if we hire what looks like a good head coach after things can change quickly. One trait we need to be on the lookout for is stubbornness. Will to change and adapt should be one of our key expectations for the next man up.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

It can be a strange league. You either adapt with it year to year or you are left behind. Some of it is just plain good or bad luck too. Look at what happened with Doug Pedersen even after winning a Super Bowl.

As much as I think Frank Reich is a dinosaur and needs to leave I am under no illusions that even if we hire what looks like a good head coach after things can change quickly. One trait we need to be on the lookout for is stubbornness. Will to change and adapt should be one of our key expectations for the next man up.

I LMAO when they literally ran a one man hail Mary from 1 yard out. Like... really? THAT was the best you've got there??? I was thinking maybe roll out your mobile QB with a fade to Waller, maybe a drag across the back of the endzone coming behind it. Run a slant over the top of the primarily as a clear out. But one route? Just a hail Mary one read jump ball from the one yard line? LOLOLOL

I would've fired my OC right there on the spot.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I LMAO when they literally ran a one man hail Mary from 1 yard out. Like... really? THAT was the best you've got there??? I was thinking maybe roll out your mobile QB with a fade to Waller, maybe a drag across the back of the endzone coming behind it. Run a slant over the top of the primarily as a clear out. But one route? Just a hail Mary one read jump ball from the one yard line? LOLOLOL

I would've fired my OC right there on the spot.

Yeah someone in NYC is going to be feeling the heat soon.

But do you remember when Giants fans complained for years about Tom Coughlin? What have they done since? Just like with us. Be careful what you wish for.

• Pie 1

Not a single comment about yet another metric that shows we have one of the worst defensive play callers in the league. 10 offensive play callers worse according to whatever this is. Consistent with about 10 teams worse in every offensive metric. Only 7 defensive play callers worse according to this. 31 out of 32 DVOA, 31 out of 32 points allowed, 29 out of 32 in takeaways. No threads about Ejiro Evero. Our offense would have to rival Miami’s to make up for our atrocious defense.