• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Miami

Coheed

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

I think you misread the post from the jump. It wasn't an attack on you. I was simply stating that right now Young has probably at best an average or below average NFL arm. He's only 22 and that could change. But the situation is the situation currently. It's difficult to reconcile with the fact that's what we traded up to at number one overall. I don't like it either but it's a reality I'm going to accept for the time being.

MY mistake then, I read the first line and rolled my eyes.

But yeah as noted Stroud truther, I still really wish he was the pick, I just don't think it's worth sitting on "What ifs". I think we have a perfectly fine QB prospect. Why can't this be a 2020 Class where all the QBs are godo and have different playstyles? 

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

Teddy was a checkdown and conservative QB.  And I'm not comparing a vet to a rookie.  But people keep saying that Bryce is attacking downfield more than Teddy and that is just factually wrong.   It is non-existent under Bryce for whatever reason.  

Teddy Bridgewater Week 8 Pass Chart

Teddy Bridgewater Week 7 Pass Chart

Teddy Bridgewater Week 10 Pass ChartTeddy Bridgewater Week 9 Pass Chart

Teddy Bridgewater Week 10 Pass Chart

that's just a 4 game stretch.   Only shows week 5-17.  But overall, yeah, Teddy went downfield much more than Bryce Young has and it's not much of a debate.  And Teddy hated doing that.  It doesn't exist under Bryce.  It sporadically was part of Teddy's game here. 

most certainly there can be debate about why Bryce isn't.  Might have little to do with Bryce.  But he isn't.  And Teddy did it much more consistently.  So rookie Bryce isn't even close to threatening downfield as much as one of the biggest check downers and conservative throwers we have seen. 

Check the intermediate throws. There are none. He was two yard teddy for a reason, any pass over 10 yards and he was barely a 50% completion rate.

Number of intermediate throws (10 to 20 yards past the LOS) from those games:

• 2/23
  • 2/28
  • 2/24
  • 3/49
  • 3/24
  • Zero intermediate touchdowns

Bryce's intermediate throws from The Miami game alone:

• 15/38
  • 1 TD

He's not checkdown Teddy. Aside from the weird Minnesota gameplan he has shown he can and is willing to throw intermediately all over the field. Deep shots haven't been taken for whatever reason, but his pass chart already shows more promise than Teddy's.

Honestly Linville and Mr completely are just looking for reasons to shyt on him at this point. It's fine, they don't like him, but there is good there that they choose not to see. It's not like the Bryce supporters don't know there's stuff to work on, they acknowledge it, but whenever you say "Hey look, he did this well" they immediately counter with "BuT nO dEeP tHrOwS sUpEr PrOcEsSor" and it just gets kinda old. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 4

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Check the intermediate throws. There are none. He was two yard teddy for a reason, any pass over 10 yards and he was barely a 50% completion rate.

Number of intermediate throws (10 to 20 yards past the LOS) from those games:

• 2/23
  • 2/28
  • 2/24
  • 3/49
  • 3/24
  • Zero intermediate touchdowns

Bryce's intermediate throws from The Miami game alone:

• 15/38
  • 1 TD

He's not checkdown Teddy. Aside from the weird Minnesota gameplan he has shown he can and is willing to throw intermediately all over the field. Deep shots haven't been taken for whatever reason, but his pass chart already shows more promise than Teddy's.

Honestly Linville and Mr completely are just looking for reasons to shyt on him at this point. It's fine, they don't like him, but there is good there that they choose not to see. It's not like the Bryce supporters don't know there's stuff to work on, they acknowledge it, but whenever you say "Hey look, he did this well" they immediately counter with "BuT nO dEeP tHrOwS sUpEr PrOcEsSor" and it just gets kinda old. 

Just not accurate. I'd love to be wrong about Bryce. Unfortunately, so far I have been. I'm ready to be wrong again though.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Varking said:

Love Sullivans content. I think his Patreon supporters get more plays broken down. There’s a lot of good happening and then there the bad. It’s a mixed bag. Which is to be expected at this point. The promising thing is he has indeed shown improvement every week. We just have to hope it continues. 

The deep ball attempts would be better if he at least gave Chark a chance to get pass interference but he was rushed. 

I don’t see what some folks see. Bryce CAN make every throw. That’s a fact. Bryce DOES have to be more precise with those throws other QBs can get away with. He doesn’t have a cannon or an above average arm. 

You don’t need one to win and it makes me question how much of the play calling has been limited by their deep ball success in practice. 

All in all… I see progress. 

A really fair and accurate post. Bryce has showing progress week over week and people who know football like this guy are seeing it. If you don't have the knowledge to see that, it's okay. Just maybe try not to constantly be the loudest person in the room. It's tiring. 

• Pie 1

Just now, jb2288 said:

A really fair and accurate post. Bryce has showing progress week over week and people who know football like this guy are seeing it. If you don't have the knowledge to see that, it's okay. Just maybe try not to constantly be the loudest person in the room. It's tiring. 

what an absolute neanderthal take

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

They haven’t seen it. Too busy trying to sell the Teddy Bridgewater comp.

I already know how this goes.  I want to see a 20 yard out route because he can't throw it.  Young throws it.  I want to see him take a deep shot.  Young does while getting hit and OVERTHROWS it.  The response lol noodle arm can't throw it deep.

Just wait when he connects it will be "about time"  "only one" "that guy was wide open."

• Pie 3